Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2013 Scavino Barolo
(93 Points) The Paolo Scavino 2013 Barolo sports the depth and elegance that famously characterizes the house style. Fruit is sourced from various points across the appellation and the specific blend changes according to the needs of the vintage. Among the various Barolo wines made by this estate, this wine is the most accessible and approachable for sure. The bouquet offers compelling aromas of black fruit and dried blackberry and there's plenty of spice, licorice and tar at the back. The wine shows its complexity as well as its varietal purity. You'll notice the handwritten signature of patron Enrico Scavino on the front label. The Wine Advocate
List Price: $39.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2012 Torre Mora Scalunera Etna Ross - Pommegranite, mereschimo cherry, with a distinct volcanic minerality that is Mount Etna. A blend of 95% Nerello Mascalese and...
- 2004 Moschioni Real - Wine Watch Review: A blend of 50% Tazzelenghe, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon and 25% Merlot. Lots of aromas on the nose here sweet tob...
- 2012 Zind Humbrecht Zind White blend Alsace - We started to blend and separately bottle the Chardonnay (65%) and the Auxerrois (35%) from the Clos Windsbuhl vineyard in 2004...
- 2013 Chateau St. Jean Chardonnay Robert Young Vineyard Alexander Valley - A non malo style with crisp green apple, notes of banana foster and cinnamon spice a very different style than the Belle Terre....
- 2006 E. Pira e Figli Barolo Cannubi - ~ (94 Points) The 2006 Barolo Cannubi exudes the warmth of this south-facing site in its open, generous bouquet. The Cannubi po...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
The Biggest Wine Tasting of the Year Wine Watch's Best of 2017 tasting at the new WWWB
Fri, Jan 19, 2018
You don't want to miss the 35 year party that is "Best of 2017" - Trust me don't ask the price, just make your reservatio...
Vintage Madeira Part II almost 200 years of the magical elixir at WWWB
Sat, Jan 20, 2018
"I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man's milk and restorative cordial....
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled i...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
1999 Pelissero Barbaresco Annata Price: $87.50 Your Price: $77.00 Quantity in Stock: 6 (93 Points) A dark, powe...
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
DF Clos des Prouges Chablis Fourchaume Chablis Blanchots Beaune Greves Le Clos Bland Puligny Montrachet La Ga...
New Cali Cult Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 1, 2018
New California Cult Wines Thursday February 1st 7:30pm
Chateau Mouton Rothschild Vertical tasting back to the Epic 1961 vintage!
Fri, Feb 2, 2018
1955 Mouton 1961 Mouton 1970 Mouton 1982 Mouton 1995 Mouton