Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2013 La Spinetta Barbera D'Asti Bionzo
La Spinetta Barbera d’Asto Superiore ‘Bionzo’ comes from Barbera grown in the 14 hectare Bionzo vineyard in Castigliole d’Asti. The vines are 45-55 years old and grow on calcareous soil at 300 meters above sea level, at a southern exposure. Harvest usually happens in the last week September to early October, after which time, the grapes are fermented in rotofermenters for 6 to 7 days. The wine then ages for 16-18 months in new, medium toasted, French oak barrique. Malolactic fermentation takes place in the barrique. The Bionzo Barbera is aged for another three months in bottle before its release. The wine is not filtered of clarified.
List Price: $60.00
Quantity in Stock: 18add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2003 Giuseppe Rinaldi Barolo Cannubi (San Lorenzo) / Ravera - (91 Points) The 2003 Barolo Cannubi(San Lorenzo)/Ravera is sweet and ripe with the essence of perfumed sweet cherries and raspb...
- 2014 Belle Glos Las Alturas Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands, Monterey County - 2014 Belle Glos Las Alturas Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands ...
- 2016 La Spinetta Moscato bricco quaglia - Very fresh with a hint of mandarin orange, a wine that is surprisingly good with fresh peach and pear fruit slightly sweet and ...
- 2015 E Pira Nebbiolo Langhe - (91 Points) The 2015 Langhe Nebbiolo is a food-friendly wine with an easy-drinking personalty. Some 30% of this Nebbiolo blend ...
- 2013 La Spinetta Nebbiolo Langhe - The La Spinetta Nebbiolo Langhe comes from the youngest part of the Starderi vineyard in Neive. The...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Vine Cliff Winery Wine Tasting with Mike Heliotes at WWWB
Wed, Jan 17, 2018
My name is August West and I love my Pearly Baker best more than my wine ...more than My wine more th...
Chateau Angelus Collectors Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Hubert de Bouard
Thu, Jan 18, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could ...
The Biggest Wine Tasting of the Year Wine Watch's Best of 2017 tasting at the new WWWB
Fri, Jan 19, 2018
You don't want to miss the 35 year party that is "Best of 2017" - Trust me don't ask the price, just make your reservatio...
Vintage Madeira Part II almost 200 years of the magical elixir at WWWB
Sat, Jan 20, 2018
"I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man's milk and restorative cordial....
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
There are only 16 spaces available for this event. We also have another party of 20 this evening so there are no tables ...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
1999 Pelissero Barbaresco Annata Price: $87.50 Your Price: $77.00 Quantity in Stock: 6 (93 Points) A dark, powe...
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
DF Clos des Prouges Chablis Fourchaume Chablis Blanchots Beaune Greves Le Clos Bland Puligny Montrachet La Ga...