Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
1998 Eraldo Viberti Barolo
Morello cherries mingle with cigar wrapper, tarry earth, prunes, truffles and spice in this elegant, finessed, and traditional ’98 Barolo from Eraldo Viberti. Tertiary notes are peeping out, but this wine has a beautiful core of vibrant minerality that propels it across the palate with considerable energy. Velvety and complex, this wine glides across the palate and scatters copious polished tannins as it builds to a persistent, nuanced finish. Deriving from three La Morra vineyards that total six acres and sport tufaceous and clay marl, the organically tended grapes ferment in temperature-controlled stainless steel for about thirty days, and the wine ages for two years in barrels.
List Price: $95.00
Quantity in Stock: 21add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2013 Pelissero Nebbiolo Langhe - Site: Treiso, Neive and Barbaresco villages Variety: Nebbiolo 100% Exposure: south - east - west Altitude: 200 – 400 m. Year of...
- 2006 Quintarelli Rosso Ca Del Merlo - The Ca del Merlo (NOT Merlot) is aged longer in large wood vessels and comes from a single hilltop vineyard named after a plot ...
- 2011 Pelissero Barbaresco Nubiola - (94 Points) The 2011 Barbaresco Nubiola is exceptionally beautiful and expressive. Spices, dark red stone fruits, mint and lea...
- 2013 Mormoraia Vernaccia di San Gimignano Ostrea - Attractive aromas of acacia, hawthorne, orchard fruit and delicate, oak-driven spice mingle in the glass. The elegant palate of...
- 1997 Eraldo Viberti Barolo - A classic barolo with dried flowers and notes of black spice tar and tobacco with a nice amount of red berry cherry fruit with ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Vine Cliff Winery Wine Tasting with Mike Heliotes at WWWB
Wed, Jan 17, 2018
My name is August West and I love my Pearly Baker best more than my wine ...more than My wine more th...
Chateau Angelus Collectors Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Hubert de Bouard
Thu, Jan 18, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could ...
The Biggest Wine Tasting of the Year Wine Watch's Best of 2017 tasting at the new WWWB
Fri, Jan 19, 2018
You don't want to miss the 35 year party that is "Best of 2017" - Trust me don't ask the price, just make your reservatio...
Vintage Madeira Part II almost 200 years of the magical elixir at WWWB
Sat, Jan 20, 2018
"I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man's milk and restorative cordial....
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends Wine Tasting: 1959, 1961, 1975, 1982, 1989, 1990, 1996, 2000 and beyond
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
These are some of the best vintages from Bordeaux and most of these are the last bottles that we have of these legendary ...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
There are only 16 spaces available for this event. We also have another party of 20 this evening so there are no tables ...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event