Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2013 Matanzas Creek Merlot Sonoma
For more than 30 years, Merlot has been a signature wine for Matanzas Creek. A noble variety that is the most widely planted grape in its native Bordeaux, Merlot is profoundly impacted by mesoclimates and soils. The cooler sites in Sonoma County, such as Bennett Valley, yield elegant, well-structured wines. The slightly warmer pockets, such as Knights Valley or Alexander Valley, produce rich, powerful wines. Five estate vineyards provide the range of flavors, aromatics and textures needed to create the winery’s four unique bottlings. Winemaker Marcia Torres Forno’s goal each vintage is to produce a Merlot that tastes like Merlot rather than Cabernet. Each of these wines is dense, concentrated, structured, velvety and age-worthy.
List Price: $23.75
Quantity in Stock: 43add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2014 Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon Mount Veeder Napa - Wine Watch Review: Dark earth and toasty oak notes to the black currant, black plum and dark cherry liqueur like fruit with not...
- 2016 Paul Hobbs Crossbarn Chardonnay Sonoma Coast - Daffodil yellow with aromas of bartlett pear, yellow peach and citrus/yellow flowers. On the palate there are flavors of juicy ...
- 2012 Steele Stymie Merlot Lake County - Stymie was a famous racehorse in mid-twentieth century American history. Stymie was known for never giving up the lead when he ...
- 2015 Substance Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley - (92 Points) One of the best values I've tasted in a long time, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon from the team at K Vintners was hand...
- 2013 Stonestreet Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Alexander Valley - The 2013 Stonestreet Estate Cabernet Sauvignon conveys vivid aromas and flavors of black cherry, satsuma plum and blood orange ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled i...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
"I'm like old wine. They don't bring me out very often, but I'm well preserved." - Rose Kennedy, on her 100th birthd...
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
New Cali Cult Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 1, 2018
New California Cult Wines Thursday February 1st 7:30pm
Chateau Mouton Rothschild Vertical tasting back to the Epic 1961 vintage!
Fri, Feb 2, 2018
1955 Mouton 1961 Mouton 1970 Mouton 1982 Mouton 1995 Mouton
Sebastian Nasello winemaker from Ripi Brunello di Montalcino at WWWB
Sat, Feb 3, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event!
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque
Thu, Feb 8, 2018
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:30 PM Hall Sauvigno...