Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
NV Alfred Gratien Brut Champagne
This is a small artisan house with only 25,000 cases total production, they purchase most of their fruit 65% only premier cru and Grand cru used and they do own 2 hectares of vineyard. No second pressing used in this label 100% oak aging and barrel fermenting but none new just to allow a bit of oxidation. No malolactic fermentation and this wine is 2007 base with 15% 2006 vintage, a blend of 45% Chardonnay, 45% Pinot Meunier and 10% Pinot Noir. Gratien uses old barrels from Chablis up to 20 years old. Aged for 6 months on the yeasts with no batonage used. A good amount of toasty brioche and nutty aromas to the nose, this wine spends 4 years on the yeasts, fresh fruit quince and apple fruit with notes of ginger spice. Smooth creamy mousse on the tongue with nice fresh fruit and a firm underbelly of acidity keeping things fresh and lively along with a nice dose of minerality, chalky, sea shell like. Finish 40 Excellent
List Price: $52.50
Quantity in Stock: 5add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2014 Ferrari Carano Chardonnay Sonoma - The 2014 Ferrari-Carano Chardonnay from Sonoma County has superior lots of wine from our vineyards in Alexander Valley, Dry Cre...
- 2012 Felsina Chianti Classico DOCG - (91 points) The 2012 Chianti Classico Berardenga (100% Sangiovese aged in medium-sized barrel) opens to pretty color saturatio...
- 2014 Thierry et Pascale Matrot Bourgogne Blanc Chardonnay - Grape Variety: Chardonnay. Average age of the vines: 30 years. Pressing of the entire grapes in a pneumatic pre...
- 2014 King Estate Pinot Gris Backbone - A blend of top vineyard sites in Oregon which are labled right on the front label, King Estates making us 25% of the blend here...
- NV Piper Heidsieck Rose Sauvage Brut Champagne - They only own 60 hectares so they purchase most of their fruit here under long term relationship, a very deeply colored rose wi...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
The Ultimate Oregon Pinot Noir Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 23, 2017
"It's a hard grape to grow. As you know. Right? It's, uh, it's thin-skinned, temperamental, ripens early. It's, you ...
Ca Del Bosco Franciacorta Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 24, 2017
"I have enjoyed great health at a great age because every day since I can remember I have consumed a bottle of wine ...
1996 Vintage Burgundy tasting at WWWB
Fri, Aug 25, 2017
"[The senior partner] sipped [the French wine grower's Burgundy], rolled it round his tongued and swallowed it while...
Wine and Food Pairing Night the Best of the Best last night of Summer
Sat, Aug 26, 2017
Tonight we have a special pairing menu and some large bottles to celebrate the end of August 2017.
Washington State Wine Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 30, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event
2013 Barolo Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Sep 2, 2017
This is the latest release from my favorite wine region on Earth and the 2013's are being touted as the next GREAT vintag...
Vintage Napa Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting at Wine Watch
Sat, Sep 9, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event!
New Zealand Tasting At Wine Watch Wine Bar
Wed, Sep 13, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.
Marchesi Di Barolo Dinner at WWWB with special guest Valentina Abbona
Thu, Sep 14, 2017
"Wine is dead." - Aimé Guibert Who is this person Aime Guibert and to start such a horrible rumor!! There should be ...
1997 Vintage California Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Sep 15, 2017
1997 Barbour Cabernet Sauvignon Napa 1997 Behrens and Hitchcock Cabernet Sauvignon Cuvee Lola Napa 1997 Beaulie...