The vintage, 2008 season
After a rainy, yet mild winter, without any prolonged cold spells, spring arrived with some very localised frosts. Cool weather returned in June, which delayed flowering. During much of the vegetative period, little sunshine prolonged the feeling of freshness. Temperatures from spring to autumn were slightly better than the average of the last 30 years. The harvest started on 15th September, with dry, warm days and cool nights, and lasted for three weeks. The maturity of the grapes happened very gradually, which allowed them to preserve their beautiful acidity. 2008 is clearly a great vintage for Champagne, combining maturity with a vivacious energy.
Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2008 Bruno Paillard Assemblage Extra Brut Champagne
The vintage, 2008 season
Fisrt pressing 42% Chardonnay, 42% Pinot Noir and 16% of Pinot Meunier, sourced from 10 of the best terroirs in the heart of Champagne.
Eight years sur lies followed by a minimum of 12 months after disgorgement.
Extra brut, very low dosage: 5g/L.
List Price: $78.00
Quantity in Stock: 9add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2005 Henri Goutorbe Special Club Brut Champagne - Yellow. Ripe, rather exotic aromas of mango, musky citrus pith and cherry pit. Then sappy and fruit-driven on the palate, with ...
- 2010 Marc Hebrart Special Club Brut Champagne - We think you should try the 2010 Special Club. In case you are unfamiliar with this term, 'Special Club' is a classification of...
- Rare Wine Co. Historic Series Madeira Savannah Verdelho - The RWC historic Series Madeiras are a collaboration between The Rare Wine Company and Vinhos Barbeito. The goal here is to pro...
- 2005 La Spinetta Barbaresco Gallina - (92 Points) The 2005 Barbaresco Gallina is an especially successful wine in this vintage. A soft, caressing core of fruit provi...
- 2009 Le Carillon De L'Angelus St Emilion - The second wines of great chateau like Angelus are some of the best values in Bordeaux. ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled i...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
"I'm like old wine. They don't bring me out very often, but I'm well preserved." - Rose Kennedy, on her 100th birthd...
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
New Cali Cult Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 1, 2018
New California Cult Wines Thursday February 1st 7:30pm
Chateau Mouton Rothschild Vertical tasting back to the Epic 1961 vintage!
Fri, Feb 2, 2018
1955 Mouton 1961 Mouton 1970 Mouton 1982 Mouton 1995 Mouton
Sebastian Nasello winemaker from Ripi Brunello di Montalcino at WWWB
Sat, Feb 3, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event!
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque
Thu, Feb 8, 2018
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:30 PM Hall Sauvigno...