Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2012 Wolf Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon St. Helena Napa
This is a 4.5 Acre estate on poor volcanic soils, this wine is made from older vines and it is 100% varietal, there is a bit more new French Oak here for 24 months. This wine has a complex bouquet of aromas, dark cherry and currant berry fruit, cigar box spice and that same fresh crushed rock earthy minerality of the first wine, opening up nicely on the second day even bigger and more complex. A big and chewy wine with tannins like melted chocolate on the tongue very rich and showing an array of dark berry fruit, dark chocolate, espresso and more as this wine opens up, a long layered finish, I would like to try this wine again in 10 years. Finish 50+ Most Excellent +
List Price: $97.50
Quantity in Stock: 3add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2013 Wolf Family Vineyard Phaedrus Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - From St. Helena Vineyards at the foothills of the Mayacamas Mountains, 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Verdot and Malbec in the ...
- 2005 Diamond Creek Cabernet Sauvignon Volcanic Hill 750ml - 2005 Diamond Creek Cabernet Sauvignon Volcanic Hill 750ml ...
- 2014 Lewis Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve Napa - The best qualities from our past two vintages come together like yin and yang in our singular 2014 Reserve Cabernet. Radiant co...
- 2016 La Spinetta Rose di Casanova - This wine is a salmon color with orange highlights, a pretty nose of wild flowers, light red berry and lime citrus with ...
- 2010 Castello Del Terriccio Tassinaia - Brooding, dark red and black fruits rest on a foundation of saddle leather, mocha, crushed flowers, warm cigar wrapper and spic...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled i...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
"I'm like old wine. They don't bring me out very often, but I'm well preserved." - Rose Kennedy, on her 100th birthd...
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
New Cali Cult Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 1, 2018
New California Cult Wines Thursday February 1st 7:30pm
Chateau Mouton Rothschild Vertical tasting back to the Epic 1961 vintage!
Fri, Feb 2, 2018
1955 Mouton 1961 Mouton 1970 Mouton 1982 Mouton 1995 Mouton
Sebastian Nasello winemaker from Ripi Brunello di Montalcino at WWWB
Sat, Feb 3, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event!
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque
Thu, Feb 8, 2018
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:30 PM Hall Sauvigno...