Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2015 Vina Cobos Felino Cocodrilo Red Blend Mendoza
(91 Points) I also tasted the 2015 Cocodrilo Corte, which is a different blend every year, although always Cabernet Sauvignon-based, which in 2015 was complemented by 15% Malbec and 8% Cabernet Franc. The origin of the grapes also changes, and here it's mostly fruit from Luján with about 23% of it sourced from the cooler Valle de Uco. The wine matured in oak barrels, 20% of them new, until bottled some 15 months after the harvest. I always like tasting different vintages of the same wine side by side, as comparison accentuates differences and nuances. This is much fresher than the 2014, with subtle aromas and good nuances, quite fruit-driven with a spicy touch. The palate is medium-bodied, polished, easy to drink, with very good freshness. I see a turn toward fresher wine, which is shown very clearly when comparing this next to the 2014. Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
List Price: $24.75
Not in Store: Available in 5 - 7 daysadd to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 DiamAndes Malbec-Cabernet Gran Reserva Uco Valley - Gran reserve means 3 years in oak this wine has a good punt of dark berry fruit blackberry jam, violet, black licorice and more...
- 2011 Fabre Montmayou Grand Vin - A blend of Mostly Malbec with a bit of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot from vineyards planted in 1908 in both Vistalba and Lujan ...
- 2014 Pulenta Estate Gran Corte Red Mendoza - A blend of Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Merlot and Tannat, only 1500 cases produced. A big bouquet of dark berry ...
- 2013 Blackbird Vineyards Rose Napa - A saignee, cold soaked, they use 10 different vineyard sites, this is a blend of 58% Cab, 22% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc, cr...
- 2014 Pradeaux Bandol Rose - The Bandol Rosé from Pradeaux is perhaps the most serious wine in this category. Robust, rich, and complex with an ability to a...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wine Bar is Open for Regular Service
Sat, Aug 18, 2018
This week’s menu at the Wine Bar Thursday August 16th – Saturday 18th Parmesan & Jalapeno Salt Dusted Shoestrin...
Chateau Montelena Vertical Tasting back to 1996
Thu, Aug 23, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could hardl...
Super Rhone Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Aug 24, 2018
Okay we poppin champagne like we won a championship game - Popping Bottles by Lil Wayne and Birdman The wi...
2011 Vintage Barolo Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Thu, Aug 30, 2018
2011 G. B. Burlotto Monvigliero Barolo DOCG Price: $95.00 Your Price: $69.00 As it was in G.B.’s day, the gre...
Vintage Burgundy Tasting at Wine Watch Back to 1953!
Fri, Aug 31, 2018
1953 Vosne Romanee Collection du Docteur Barolet 1983 Groffier Bonnes Mares Grand Cru
1995 Bordeaux Magnum Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Sep 7, 2018
Music is just like wine. Each of us has very different tastes in what we like and dislike. The music that is “best” for ...
Bertani Amarone Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Stefano Mangiarotti
Thu, Sep 13, 2018
Bertani Amarone Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Stefano Mangiarotti Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:30 PM ...
Los Vascos Wine Tasting with Winemaker Marcelo Gallardo at WWWB
Thu, Sep 20, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event with one of Chile's top producers.
Enzo Cambria from Cottanera winery from Etna
Fri, Sep 21, 2018
Cottanera Barbazzale - DOC Sicilia Bianco 2017 89 pts VM (2016 vintage) Made fr...
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Sat, Sep 22, 2018
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event