Chateau Pavie Decesse, St. Emilion 2005
As it did in 2000 and 2003, this tiny garagiste estate (just over 8 acres) owned by Chantal and Gerard Perse has produced a monumental wine in 2005. A blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc fashioned from yields of 33 hectoliters per hectare, it receives a 4-5 week maceration, malolactic in barrel, and aging on its lees, a la top Burgundies. There are only 415 cases, and the wine achieved 14% alcohol. Forgetting its off-the-charts analytical numbers, it is a prodigious effort boasting an inky/blue/purple color, followed by rich aromas of camphor, crushed rocks, sweet blueberries, black raspberries, creme de cassis, and pain grille. Possessing superb intensity, skyscraper-like layers, and huge tannins, it should be forgotten for 5-7 years, and drunk over the following two decades. Anticipated maturity: 2012-2030 . Wine Advocate #164 (Apr 2006)
List Price: $309.50
Quantity in Stock: 17add to cart
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2003 Chateau Margaux Margaux - (99 Points) Am I being too stingy with the 2003 Chateau Margaux? A wine of extraordinary complexity and intensity, it reveals a...
- 2010 David Arthur Cabernet Sauvignon Elevation 1147 Napa - This is the 25th Vintage of this wine and they have a special label for this bottling, with a red stripe down the label, the id...
- 2003 Chateau Cos D'Estournel St Estephe - (98 points) The prodigious, fantastic 2003 Cos d’Estournel is a candidate for “wine of the vintage.” A blend of 68% Cabernet S...
- 2012 William Fevre Chablis Les Clos Grand Cru - This is the most famous grand cru and the largest of the seven grand crus so the best known. This wine has a wonderful richness...
- 2007 Castello di Fonterutoli Siepi Vino da Tavola - (94 Points) The 2007 Siepi is a Sangiovese/Merlot blend that spent roughly 18 months in French oak prior to being bottled. Dark...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Fontodi Tasting Flaccianello VS Chianti Classico Vigna Del Sorbo at Wine Watch
Wed, Jul 8, 2015
This week starts with two of the top Sangiovese based wines from one of our favorite producers based in the...
Cafe Maxx Cooking Class Grilling Meats
Thu, Jul 9, 2015
Join Oliver and company for their 25th season of cooking classes. Chef Oliver’s innovative and inspirational st...
Pelissero Winery Piedmont Wine tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Jul 10, 2015
Then, on next Friday we have another incredible Italian Wine tasting featuring the wines of Pelissero winery....
Hawk and Horse Wine Dinner at the Capital Grille Fort Lauderdale
Tue, Jul 14, 2015
Hawk and Horse Dinner Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 6:30 PM 1 st Course Florida Conch Salad...
Austria and German wine tasting at Cafe Maxx
Wed, Jul 15, 2015
I don't need an app that tells me how many calories that I have burned. I need an app that tells me how many wine glass...
Miami Taste of the Nation at the Lowes Hotel
Thu, Jul 16, 2015
2015 Miami Taste of the Nation · Introduction : · Hunger issue: No Kid Hungry ...
Bouchard Pere Et Fils 2013 and 2012 Burgundy Tasting at Wine Watch
Thu, Jul 16, 2015
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
Penfolds Tasting at Wine Watch with D-Lynn featuring the 2010 release of Grange
Fri, Jul 17, 2015
“wasting our time on cheap talk and wine, left us so little to give” Best of My Love by the Eagles ...
Champagne Veuve Clicquot Dinner or Reception/Tasting at Lobster Bar on Las Olas
Wed, Jul 22, 2015
Veuve Clicquot Dinner ~or ~ Champagne Reception FEATURING CHAMPAGNE SPECIALIST TARA O'LEARY At Lobster ...
South American Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
Wed, Jul 29, 2015
stay tunes for more info on this event