2003 Marchesi Fumanelli Amarone della Valpolicella Octavius Riserva
Grape Varieties: Corvina Veronese and Corvinone, Rondinella, Oseleta.
Grapes from the Squarano estate situated on a hill with 150 m altitude and with an optimal south east sun expostion. The average age of the vines is 40 years and they grow with the tradional Pergola system. WINEMAKER NOTES Intense ruby red with slightly brick coloured reflexes, typical nose of cherries under spirit and sweet notes of vanilla, spiced with nutmeg and cocoa. Full bodied and warm on the palate, soft yet powerful and incredibly long lasting. Gastronomic Suggestons: Main courses in particular roasted or grilled red meat and game but also ideal with mature cheeses and at the end of a good meal. HARVEST NOTES The grapes are carefully hand selected and then placed in wooden plateaux and left to rest for 120 days with drying and the concentration of all the elements. The grapes are being dried for 120 days, in February are vinified according to the traditional system with grapes made into red wine. 30 days of maceration and daily pumping over follows. The wine making takes place with the greatest respect for the grapes using a combination of traditional and innovative techniques. TECHNICAL INFORMATION Ageing: 48 months in French oak casks and 8-12 monts in the bottle Alcohol: 16% by volume
List Price: $199.00
Sale Price: $150.00
Quantity in Stock: 4add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2008 Yacochuya Red Wine Valley of Cafayette - One of the Michel Roland projects from the northern region of Salta, this wine has a very strong bouquet of fine herbs, a bit o...
- 2010 Nicolas Catena Zapata Red Blend Mendoza - (95 Points) Doctor Nicolas Catena always liked Cabernet Sauvignon so the wine that carries his name has a greater percentage of...
- 2012 Bodegas Allamand Malbec Altamira - this label is the one from the Uco Valley and this is a single vineyard and Achaval Ferrer made this name famous but there are ...
- 2012 Pulenta Estate Gran Corte Red Mendoza - A blend of Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Merlot and Tannat, only 1500 cases produced. A big bouquet of dark berry ...
- 2013 Bartolo Mascarello Barolo - (98+ Points) "Maria Teresa's 2013 Barolo is a stunning, drop-dead gorgeous beauty. Vibrant, crystalline and exceptionally nuanc...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wine Bar Closed for Private Event
Sat, Feb 17, 2018
Wine Bar is Closed for a Private Event this evening.
Sequoia Grove Wine Tasting with Special Guest Mike Trujillo President/Director of Winemaking at WWWB
Wed, Feb 21, 2018
What is better than to sit at the end of a day and drink wine with friends, or substitute for friends. -James Joyce ...
1980s Vintage Red Burgundy tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 22, 2018
Water Separates the people of the world. Wine unites them. Our study in Burgundy continues this month and it w...
Chateau Latour Wine Tasting back to 1959 at WWWB
Fri, Feb 23, 2018
2003 Chateau Latour Pauillac (375ml) Price: $475.00 Your Price: $418.00 Quantity in Stock: 20 2002 Ch...
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Sat, Feb 24, 2018
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Rhone Tasting with importer Dan Kravitz at WWWB
Tue, Feb 27, 2018
Rhone Tasting with importer Dan Kravitz at WWWB Tuesday, February 27th 7:30pm Jean Laurent Brut Blanc de No...
Le Cimate Montefalco Wine Tasting with owner Paolo Bartoloni
Wed, Feb 28, 2018
Le Cimate Montefalco Wine Tasting with owner Paolo Bartoloni Wednesday, February 28th 7:30pm ARAGON – UMBR...
Corte Alla Flora Vino Nobile Tasting with Owner Massimo Cragnotti at WWWB
Thu, Mar 1, 2018
Corte Alla Flora Vino Nobile Tasting with Owner Massimo Cragnotti at WWWB Thursday, March 1st 7:30pm 2015 ...
Vintage Burgundy/Champagne and Barolo My B-Day Wines
Fri, Mar 2, 2018
Three of my favorite Things: Champagne, Pomerol, Burgundy and Toni's Cooking Friday March 2nd 7:30pm 2003 K...
Sottimano Winery Wine Tasting with Elena Sottimano
Wed, Mar 7, 2018
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.