2001 Penfolds Shiraz Grange
(98) It is always a treat to taste Australia's most famous wine, Penfolds Grange cuvee (the word Hermitage has been dropped because of legal issues). The 2001 Grange is one of the few vintages of this cuvee to be composed of 100% Shiraz (the others being 1951, 1952, 1963, 1999, and 2000). Aged 17 months in 100% American oak, and tipping the scales at 14.5% alcohol, the 2001 is undeniably one of the top examples of this wine. At this stage, it appears to eclipse the 1998 and 1996. Inky/blue/purple to the rim, with a stunning perfume of blueberries, blackberries, chocolate, graphite, and earth, it boasts good acidity, huge tannins, magnificent concentration, and a multilayered, textured mouthfeel. It is a big, but impeccably well-balanced Shiraz that should shed some of its structure and tannin over the next 4-5 years, and be at its best between 2010-2030 . Wine Advocate #167 (Oct 2006)
List Price: $469.00
Sale Price: $389.00
Quantity in Stock: 6add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2002 Penfolds Grange South Australia - (98 Points) Last but not least is Australia's most famous wine, the 2002 Shiraz Grange. The 2002 version was sourced from 77.5%...
- 2011 Chateau D'yquem Sauternes - (96 Points) Served from an ex-chateau bottle. Bottled in October 2013, the 2011 Chateau d’Yquem is reticent at first, a little ...
- 1983 Grahams Vintage Port - description ...
- 1998 Penfolds Grange South Australia - (99 Points) The 1998 Grange will be legendary. A blend of 97% Shiraz and 3% Cabernet Sauvignon, it tips the scales at a whoppin...
- 2003 Penfolds Grange South Australia - (94 Points) Supple, ripe and generous with its blueberry, plum and mocha flavors, riding easily over finely wrought tannins and...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
La Spinetta Wine Dinner at Brava Restaurant in Miami (Arsht Center)
Wed, Jun 28, 2017
call: 786.691.7087 email: Michael_Gonzalez@comcastspectacor.com 99$pp ++ R...
Loire Valley Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Wed, Jun 28, 2017
A man dies too young if he leaves any wine in his cellar. (Simon had only two magnums of claret in his cellar when h...
Wine Watch Wine Bar is open with a New Menu for Friday and Saturday!
Fri, Jun 30, 2017
Menu for Friday June 30th and Saturday July 1st Macadamia Nut Crusted Goat Cheese Salad with lemon mango Vinaigrett...
Cayuse Wine Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Fri, Jun 30, 2017
"It’s just booze - drink it!" Charles Smith And we are now open at Wine Watch Wine Bar so come out and drink...
Domaine Dujac Wine Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Sat, Jul 1, 2017
We are born at a given moment, in a given place and, like vintage years of wine, we have the qualities of the year ...
Faugeres and Cotes de Provence Rose tasting with Frederic Brouca at WWWB
Fri, Jul 7, 2017
Ordered up a hundred Rosés, need a Benz like blasé, blasé I'm just, whipping Maserati (Skurr, skurr, skurr, skurr) Blas...
2007 Vintage Tasting Around the World Wines at 10 years old
Sat, Jul 8, 2017
The 2007 vintage was one of the best vintages in the first decade of the New millennium for Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvigno...
1999 Vintage Tuscan/Piedmont Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Wed, Jul 12, 2017
1999 Vintage Tuscan/Piedmont Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar 1999 Canalicchio di Sopra Brunello Price: $147.00 ...
A study in Merlot walk around tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Thu, Jul 13, 2017
stay tuned for more info on this event.
Jeeper Champagne Tasting on Bastille Day at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Fri, Jul 14, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.