- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2003 Henry's Drive Shiraz Reserve Padthaway
(95 points) The 2003 Shiraz Reserve, which I assume is made from the richest barrels, has all the same characteristics of the regular bottling, with more weight, opulence, and persistence. The 16% alcohol is beautifully concealed by its prodigious concentration. Readers who love the extroverted personalities of these wild and crazy Australian reds should drink it over the next 10-12 years. Full-throttle Shiraz are fashioned from vineyards owned by the Longbottom family. This is an unabashed, flamboyant, Aussie wine that is loaded with fruit, fragrance, glycerin, and intensity. This is the type of wine that Eurocentric wine tasters and condescending elitists tend to dismiss, but it is a fascinating effort the likes of which are made nowhere else in the world. There is certainly no shortage of flavor, and if you like your wines exuberant, flamboyant, and over-sized, this wine fills the tab, and then some.
Wine Advocate #161
List Price: $60.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2005 Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino - A very rustically fashioned nose with lots of fresh plowed earth dried porcini mushroom an...
- 2006 Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino - A bit more well endowed on the nose very dense and rich with lots of ripe black cherry and wild strawberry jam like fruit black...
- 2005 Domaine Marcoux Chateauneuf du Pape - (93 Points) 2005 was a fabulous year for Marcoux, and the 2005 Chateauneuf du Pape (80% Grenache and 20% Syrah and Cinsault) boas...
- 1997 Quilceda Creek Caberent Sauvignon Washington - (94 Points) The 1997 Cabernet Sauvignon was fashioned from 89% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Merlot, and 2% Cabernet Franc. It offers ...
- 1998 Quilceda Creek Caberent Sauvignon Washington - (96 Points) Blackberry jam, juniper berries, and spices can be found in the rich aromatics of the stunning, dark-colored 1998 C...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Fri, Jul 25, 2014Penfolds Grange Wine Dinner at Cafe Maxx
“WARNING! The consumption of wine might cause you to think you c...
Wed, Jul 30, 2014A tasting in Memory of wine educator Barry Alberts at Wine Watch
"To take wine into our mouths is to savor a droplet of the river o...
Thu, Jul 31, 2014Cliff Lede Tasting at Wine Watch
Cliff Lede is one of the most exciting new projects to come out of Napa...
Wed, Aug 6, 2014Nicolas Catena Argentina Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
No thing more excellent nor more valuable than wine was ever granted ma...
Fri, Aug 8, 2014Wine Tasting with Special Guest Dave Phinney at Wine Watch
This is a special afternoon event with winemaker Dave Phinney. Stay t...
Wed, Aug 20, 2014Chilean Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event...
Thu, Aug 21, 2014Cafe Maxx Cooking Class Lobster Lobster
Fri, Aug 22, 2014Super Syrah Tasting at Wine Watch
“I pray you, do not fall in love with me, for I am falser than vows ...
Wed, Aug 27, 2014Domaine Weinbach Alsace Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
"Old red wine, not worth a dime; we'll have to finish it after c...
Fri, Aug 29, 2014Vintage Australian Tasting at Wine Watch
At sea a fellow comes out. Salt water is like wine, in that respe...