- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2003 Henry's Drive Shiraz Reserve Padthaway
(95 points) The 2003 Shiraz Reserve, which I assume is made from the richest barrels, has all the same characteristics of the regular bottling, with more weight, opulence, and persistence. The 16% alcohol is beautifully concealed by its prodigious concentration. Readers who love the extroverted personalities of these wild and crazy Australian reds should drink it over the next 10-12 years. Full-throttle Shiraz are fashioned from vineyards owned by the Longbottom family. This is an unabashed, flamboyant, Aussie wine that is loaded with fruit, fragrance, glycerin, and intensity. This is the type of wine that Eurocentric wine tasters and condescending elitists tend to dismiss, but it is a fascinating effort the likes of which are made nowhere else in the world. There is certainly no shortage of flavor, and if you like your wines exuberant, flamboyant, and over-sized, this wine fills the tab, and then some.
Wine Advocate #161
List Price: $60.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2005 Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino - A very rustically fashioned nose with lots of fresh plowed earth dried porcini mushroom an...
- 2006 Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino - A bit more well endowed on the nose very dense and rich with lots of ripe black cherry and wild strawberry jam like fruit black...
- 2005 Domaine Marcoux Chateauneuf du Pape - (93 Points) 2005 was a fabulous year for Marcoux, and the 2005 Chateauneuf du Pape (80% Grenache and 20% Syrah and Cinsault) bo...
- 2002 Quilceda Creek Caberent Sauvignon Washington - (100 points) Unlike some minuscule production “cult” wines or luxury cuvees culled from a winery’s primary product that have e...
- 1997 Quilceda Creek Caberent Sauvignon Washington - (94 Points) The 1997 Cabernet Sauvignon was fashioned from 89% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Merlot, and 2% Cabernet Franc. It offers ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Fri, Oct 24, 2014Pacific Southern and Foley Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
It is my wish that an unforgettable wine should live on afte...
Sat, Oct 25, 2014Gaja White Truffle Dinner at Wine Watch
“Nothing makes the future look so rosy as to contemplate it thr...
Sun, Oct 26, 2014I Care I Cure Charity Event at Marlins Park
Join I Care I Cure for the 2nd Annual Celebrity Chef Culinary & Win...
Tue, Oct 28, 2014Seven Hills Winery Dinner at Cafe Maxx with Special Guest Erik McLaughlin
"After working late one night, I drank a bottle of frisky Beaujol...
Wed, Oct 29, 2014VIP Wine Tasting at Alpine Jaquar Benefitting Jack &Jill Children's Center
Wed, Oct 29, 2014Washington State Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
What I Drank Yesterday: A.P. Vin A.P. Vin winery was est...
Mon, Nov 3, 2014Vega Sicilia Wine Dinner at Casa D'Angelo With Special Guest Pablo Alvarez Proprietor
Vega Sicilia Wine Dinner at Casa D'Angelo With Special Guest Pablo Alv...
Fri, Nov 7, 2014Vintage Madeira Tasting at Wine Watch
You can not call yourself a wine lover if you have never tried Madeira....
Sat, Nov 8, 2014MODS Gala Wine Auction
Tue, Nov 11, 2014Jed Steele Wine Dinner at Cafe Maxx
The only winemaker dinner that we have done every year for over two dec...