- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
- German Whites
- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
2003 Henry's Drive Shiraz Reserve Padthaway
(95 points) The 2003 Shiraz Reserve, which I assume is made from the richest barrels, has all the same characteristics of the regular bottling, with more weight, opulence, and persistence. The 16% alcohol is beautifully concealed by its prodigious concentration. Readers who love the extroverted personalities of these wild and crazy Australian reds should drink it over the next 10-12 years. Full-throttle Shiraz are fashioned from vineyards owned by the Longbottom family. This is an unabashed, flamboyant, Aussie wine that is loaded with fruit, fragrance, glycerin, and intensity. This is the type of wine that Eurocentric wine tasters and condescending elitists tend to dismiss, but it is a fascinating effort the likes of which are made nowhere else in the world. There is certainly no shortage of flavor, and if you like your wines exuberant, flamboyant, and over-sized, this wine fills the tab, and then some.
Wine Advocate #161
List Price: $60.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2006 Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino - A bit more well endowed on the nose very dense and rich with lots of ripe black cherry and wild strawberry jam like fruit black...
- 2005 Domaine Marcoux Chateauneuf du Pape - (93 Points) 2005 was a fabulous year for Marcoux, and the 2005 Chateauneuf du Pape (80% Grenache and 20% Syrah and Cinsault) bo...
- 2002 Quilceda Creek Caberent Sauvignon Washington - (100 points) Unlike some minuscule production “cult” wines or luxury cuvees culled from a winery’s primary product that have e...
- 1997 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon Washington - (94 Points) The 1997 Cabernet Sauvignon was fashioned from 89% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Merlot, and 2% Cabernet Franc. It offers ...
- 1998 Quilceda Creek Caberent Sauvignon Washington - (96 Points) Blackberry jam, juniper berries, and spices can be found in the rich aromatics of the stunning, dark-colored 1998 C...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Fri, Mar 27, 2015Vintage Spanish Tasting at Wine Watch
Vintage Spanish Tasting at Wine Watch Friday, March 27th 7:00 ...
Sat, Mar 28, 2015Napa Valley Magnum Party at 1800 East Las Olas
Wine hath drowned more men than the sea. THOMAS FULLER ...
Wed, Apr 1, 2015Staglin Family Wine Dinner at Michael Mina Stripsteak in the Fountainbleau Hotel with Special Guest Shannon Staglin
Staglin Family Wine Dinner Spring English Pea Langousti...
Thu, Apr 2, 2015Merryvale Wine tasting with winemaker Simon Faury
The memory of some bottles can stay with your for life. While the...
Fri, Apr 3, 2015Chardonnay Tasting at Wine Watch
Tonight we will feature wines made from the most famous white varietal ...
Wed, Apr 8, 2015Chardonnay around the world Tasting at Cafe Maxx
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event...
Tue, Apr 14, 2015German Tasting with Dr. Loosen Wines
Menu: German white bean Soup with toasted italian bread croutons and...
Wed, Apr 15, 2015Wines of Verona Tasting at Wine Watch
“I have lived temperately, I double the doctor’s recommendation of ...
Fri, Apr 17, 2015Bruno Giacosa Red Label Barolo tasting at Wine Watch
One of the greatest producers in the Piedmont and the rare Red Label Ri...
Wed, Apr 22, 2015Chappellet Wine Dinner at Cafe Maxx with special guest Cyril Chappellet
..Stay Tuned for more information about this event.