- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2003 Henry's Drive Shiraz Reserve Padthaway
(95 points) The 2003 Shiraz Reserve, which I assume is made from the richest barrels, has all the same characteristics of the regular bottling, with more weight, opulence, and persistence. The 16% alcohol is beautifully concealed by its prodigious concentration. Readers who love the extroverted personalities of these wild and crazy Australian reds should drink it over the next 10-12 years. Full-throttle Shiraz are fashioned from vineyards owned by the Longbottom family. This is an unabashed, flamboyant, Aussie wine that is loaded with fruit, fragrance, glycerin, and intensity. This is the type of wine that Eurocentric wine tasters and condescending elitists tend to dismiss, but it is a fascinating effort the likes of which are made nowhere else in the world. There is certainly no shortage of flavor, and if you like your wines exuberant, flamboyant, and over-sized, this wine fills the tab, and then some.
Wine Advocate #161
List Price: $60.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2005 Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino - A very rustically fashioned nose with lots of fresh plowed earth dried porcini mushroom an...
- 2006 Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino - A bit more well endowed on the nose very dense and rich with lots of ripe black cherry and wild strawberry jam like fruit black...
- 2005 Domaine Marcoux Chateauneuf du Pape - (93 Points) 2005 was a fabulous year for Marcoux, and the 2005 Chateauneuf du Pape (80% Grenache and 20% Syrah and Cinsault) bo...
- 2002 Quilceda Creek Caberent Sauvignon Washington - (100 points) Unlike some minuscule production “cult” wines or luxury cuvees culled from a winery’s primary product that have e...
- 1997 Quilceda Creek Caberent Sauvignon Washington - (94 Points) The 1997 Cabernet Sauvignon was fashioned from 89% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Merlot, and 2% Cabernet Franc. It offers ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Tue, Jan 27, 2015Byron Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
Vito Corleone: I like to drink wine more than I used to. M...
Thu, Jan 29, 2015Vineyard House Tasting at Wine Watch with Jeremy Nickel
Thoughts on the matter: “I would like a wine. The purpose of the...
Fri, Jan 30, 2015Vintage Red Burgundy Tasting at Wine Watch
Thoughts on the matter: “I like all paintings. I al...
Sat, Jan 31, 2015David Arthur Long at Wine Watch BBQ
“Someone said drink the water, but I will drink the wine / Some...
Tue, Feb 3, 2015Eric Baugher from Monte Bello Estate at Wine Watch
One of the historic vineyards of California and one that a lot of serio...
Tue, Feb 3, 2015Vietti Wine dinner with Luca Currado at Market 17
One of my favorite wineries from the Piedmonte!! Stay tuned for more i...
Thu, Feb 5, 2015Wine with Chocolate Tasting at Florida Builders
Stay tuned for more info on this event.
Fri, Feb 6, 2015Pre-Valentines Day Champagne Tasting at Wine Watch
One of my most exciting Saturday nights was just me and a bottle of win...
Sat, Feb 7, 2015New California Cult Cabernet at 1800 Las Olas
This tasting will introduce some of the New Napa Cult Cabernet Sauvigno...
Wed, Feb 11, 2015Cafe Maxx Wine Tasting Languedoc South of France
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event...