- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2003 Henry's Drive Shiraz Reserve Padthaway
(95 points) The 2003 Shiraz Reserve, which I assume is made from the richest barrels, has all the same characteristics of the regular bottling, with more weight, opulence, and persistence. The 16% alcohol is beautifully concealed by its prodigious concentration. Readers who love the extroverted personalities of these wild and crazy Australian reds should drink it over the next 10-12 years. Full-throttle Shiraz are fashioned from vineyards owned by the Longbottom family. This is an unabashed, flamboyant, Aussie wine that is loaded with fruit, fragrance, glycerin, and intensity. This is the type of wine that Eurocentric wine tasters and condescending elitists tend to dismiss, but it is a fascinating effort the likes of which are made nowhere else in the world. There is certainly no shortage of flavor, and if you like your wines exuberant, flamboyant, and over-sized, this wine fills the tab, and then some.
Wine Advocate #161
List Price: $60.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2005 Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino - A very rustically fashioned nose with lots of fresh plowed earth dried porcini mushroom an...
- 2006 Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino - A bit more well endowed on the nose very dense and rich with lots of ripe black cherry and wild strawberry jam like fruit black...
- 2005 Domaine Marcoux Chateauneuf du Pape - (93 Points) 2005 was a fabulous year for Marcoux, and the 2005 Chateauneuf du Pape (80% Grenache and 20% Syrah and Cinsault) bo...
- 2002 Quilceda Creek Caberent Sauvignon Washington - (100 points) Unlike some minuscule production “cult” wines or luxury cuvees culled from a winery’s primary product that have e...
- 1997 Quilceda Creek Caberent Sauvignon Washington - (94 Points) The 1997 Cabernet Sauvignon was fashioned from 89% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Merlot, and 2% Cabernet Franc. It offers ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Fri, Jan 9, 2015Chateau Lafite Rothschild Tasting back to 1893 at Wine Watch
Chateau Lafite Rothschild Tasting back to 1893, this wine was purchased...
Wed, Jan 14, 2015Cafe Maxx Wine Tasting Bordeaux 2011 2012
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event...
Sat, Jan 17, 2015Vintage Madeira Tasting at Wine Watch Part 2
These are the same wines that we showed in November and now that they a...
Tue, Jan 20, 2015Markham winemaker dinner at Cafe Maxx
Markham Winery is one of our best friends in Napa Valley and we have ho...
Wed, Jan 21, 2015Numanthia Tasting with winemaker Manuel Louzada
Numanthia is one of the landmark wineries of Toro and tonight we have o...
Wed, Jan 21, 2015Chateau Climens and Brane Cantenac Tasting at Cafe Maxx with special guest Berenice Lurton
Some of the vintages being served: Chateau Climens Barsac 2008...
Fri, Jan 23, 2015Wine Watch Best of 2014 Tasting
This is a recap of the best of the last 12 months at Wine Watch and a c...
Wed, Jan 28, 2015Cafe Maxx Wine Tasting Loire Valley
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any even...
Fri, Jan 30, 2015Vintage Burgundy Tasting at Wine Watch
Echezeaux VS Vosnee Romanee This Epic Burgundy Battle will be on Jan...
Sat, Jan 31, 2015David Arthur Long at Wine Watch BBQ
David is one of our favorite vintners on planet earth and his BBQ is al...