- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2003 Henry's Drive Shiraz Reserve Padthaway
(95 points) The 2003 Shiraz Reserve, which I assume is made from the richest barrels, has all the same characteristics of the regular bottling, with more weight, opulence, and persistence. The 16% alcohol is beautifully concealed by its prodigious concentration. Readers who love the extroverted personalities of these wild and crazy Australian reds should drink it over the next 10-12 years. Full-throttle Shiraz are fashioned from vineyards owned by the Longbottom family. This is an unabashed, flamboyant, Aussie wine that is loaded with fruit, fragrance, glycerin, and intensity. This is the type of wine that Eurocentric wine tasters and condescending elitists tend to dismiss, but it is a fascinating effort the likes of which are made nowhere else in the world. There is certainly no shortage of flavor, and if you like your wines exuberant, flamboyant, and over-sized, this wine fills the tab, and then some.
Wine Advocate #161
List Price: $60.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2005 Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino - A very rustically fashioned nose with lots of fresh plowed earth dried porcini mushroom an...
- 2006 Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino - A bit more well endowed on the nose very dense and rich with lots of ripe black cherry and wild strawberry jam like fruit black...
- 2003 Domaine De Chevalier, Pessac-Leognan - Beautiful nose with lovely spice and tobacco and fresh coffee and gravelly minerally notes red currant and red cherry berry fru...
- 2005 Domaine Marcoux Chateauneuf du Pape - (93 Points) 2005 was a fabulous year for Marcoux, and the 2005 Chateauneuf du Pape (80% Grenache and 20% Syrah and Cinsault) boas...
- 1997 Opus One Napa - (94 Points) A rich, decidedly earthy style of Opus, showing currant, anise, black cherry, mineral, leather and sage flavors tha...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Fri, Mar 7, 2014Castello di Fonterutoli Tasting with Special Guest Francesco Mazzei at Wine Watch
Wine, like food, is so emotional. If you think about it, so much ...
Sat, Mar 8, 2014Francois Villard Northern Rhone Tasting at Wine Watch
“If this was the best wine that Jim and Nora could afford or, w...
Mon, Mar 10, 2014La Spinetta Tasting with Special Guest Giorgio Rivetti
"Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothi...
Tue, Mar 11, 2014Continuum Tasting with Special Guest Dante Mondavi at Wine Watch
Continuum is the latest thing for one of Napa Valley’s first families...
Wed, Mar 12, 2014AFWC Pre event at the Wine Watch
AFWC Pre event at the Wine Watch Wednesday, March 12, 2014 ...
Wed, Mar 12, 2014BR Cohn Dinner at Grille 401 Las Olas with Special Guest Dan Cohn
Thu, Mar 13, 2014Ellman Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
We have an incredible line-up of tastings for the next few weeks as I ...
Fri, Mar 14, 20142012 Bouchard Pere et Fils Barrel Tasting at Wine Watch
It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think...
Tue, Mar 18, 2014Al Catnara Mount Etna Tasting at Wine Watch
Wed, Mar 19, 2014Swanson Dinner at Cafe Maxx with Winemaker Chris Phelps
**Stay Tuned for more details.