- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Dry Rose
- Other Red
- Eclectic White
- Syrah / Shiraz
- Red Burgundy
- White Burgundy
- Rhone varietals / Rhone
- Amarone / Valpolicella
- Italian Red - Other
- Italian Whites
- Sangiovese / Tuscany
- Chile & Argentina
- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
2003 Henry's Drive Shiraz Reserve Padthaway
(95 points) The 2003 Shiraz Reserve, which I assume is made from the richest barrels, has all the same characteristics of the regular bottling, with more weight, opulence, and persistence. The 16% alcohol is beautifully concealed by its prodigious concentration. Readers who love the extroverted personalities of these wild and crazy Australian reds should drink it over the next 10-12 years. Full-throttle Shiraz are fashioned from vineyards owned by the Longbottom family. This is an unabashed, flamboyant, Aussie wine that is loaded with fruit, fragrance, glycerin, and intensity. This is the type of wine that Eurocentric wine tasters and condescending elitists tend to dismiss, but it is a fascinating effort the likes of which are made nowhere else in the world. There is certainly no shortage of flavor, and if you like your wines exuberant, flamboyant, and over-sized, this wine fills the tab, and then some.
Wine Advocate #161
List Price: $60.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2006 Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino - A bit more well endowed on the nose very dense and rich with lots of ripe black cherry and wild strawberry jam like fruit black...
- 2005 Domaine Marcoux Chateauneuf du Pape - (93 Points) 2005 was a fabulous year for Marcoux, and the 2005 Chateauneuf du Pape (80% Grenache and 20% Syrah and Cinsault) bo...
- 2002 Quilceda Creek Caberent Sauvignon Washington - (100 points) Unlike some minuscule production “cult” wines or luxury cuvees culled from a winery’s primary product that have e...
- 1997 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon Washington - (94 Points) The 1997 Cabernet Sauvignon was fashioned from 89% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Merlot, and 2% Cabernet Franc. It offers ...
- 1998 Quilceda Creek Caberent Sauvignon Washington - (96 Points) Blackberry jam, juniper berries, and spices can be found in the rich aromatics of the stunning, dark-colored 1998 C...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wed, Apr 22, 2015Chappellet Wine Dinner at Cafe Maxx with special guest Cyril Chappellet
It's Just wine... Drink it!! …and we have a busy week nex...
Thu, Apr 23, 2015Share our Strength Taste of the Nation Palm Beach
This is a chance for you to go out and enjoy over 40 different restaura...
Fri, Apr 24, 2015AFWC Charity Wine Gala at Seminole Hard Rock Casino
Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be ...
Thu, Apr 30, 2015Shadowbox wine dinner at Cafe Maxx
Meet The People Behind Shadow Box Winery at Cafe Maxx for dinner along ...
Fri, May 1, 2015Quintarelli Dal Forno The Kings of Amarone Tasting at Wine Watch
I like best the wine drunk at the cost of others. Diogenes the C...
Wed, May 6, 2015South Africa Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any eve...
Thu, May 7, 2015An amazing group of Italian producers from Dalla Terra portfolio
An amazing group of Italian producers from Dalla Terra portfolio. ...
Fri, May 8, 20152010 Brunello di Montalcino Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
This is your first chance to tastint the newest releases from one of It...
Sat, May 9, 2015Super 1997 Tuscan Wines - How are the top wines from this outstanding vintage drinking now
The Top Super Tucans of the 1997 vintage... How are they drink...
Fri, May 15, 2015Vintage Piedmont Tasting at Wine Watch
“I’m like Julius Caesar, when I come around you hail/ Fix me up a ...