- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Dry Rose
- Other Red
- Eclectic White
- Syrah / Shiraz
- Red Burgundy
- White Burgundy
- Rhone varietals / Rhone
- Amarone / Valpolicella
- Italian Red - Other
- Italian Whites
- Sangiovese / Tuscany
- Chile & Argentina
- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
2009 Domaine Janasse Cotes du Rhone
(87 Points) The 2009 Cotes du Rhone, which is 50% Grenache and the rest Syrah, Cinsault and Carignan, offers up a lively nose of sweet strawberry jam intermixed with blacker cherries. This wine has admirable purity and loads of spice, glycerin and body, as this is a lower-acid vintage with slightly more alcohol. It should drink nicely for 2-3 years.
This impeccably run estate, in the capable hands of Christophe Sabon, his sister Isabelle, and their father, is one of the superstars of the southern Rhone Valley. Over the last 12-15 years, the quality of the wines has gone from strength to strength, with brilliant wines being produced in all price categories. They make sumptuous, complex, world-class red, white and rose Cotes du Rhones, and year-in and year-out, their Chateauneuf du Papes are among the top three or four wines of the vintage. Tasting two great vintages (2009 and 2010) from the Sabons was one of the most thrilling tastings I have had this year. My tasting began with some unbelievable Cotes du Rhones. Wine Advocate #197, Oct 2011
List Price: $18.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Terre D'Avignon Cotes du Rhone Reserves des Armoiries - description ...
- 2008 Bodegas Y Vinedos Luna Beberide Finca La Cuesta Bierzo - (91 Points) The 2008 Finca la Cuesta is a single vineyard Mencia sourced from 60-year-old vines. It was fermented with native y...
- NV Laurent Perrier Brut Champagne - (91 points) Refined, with a sweet, smoky undercurrent to the ...
- 2007 De Lisio Quarterback Red McLaren Vale - (90 Points) Last year I was shown four De Lisio wines, this year only the entry level 2007 Quarterback, a sign of the times in ...
- 2011 Lincourt Pinot Noir Santa Rita Hills - raspberry and cherry fruit on the nose with notes of brown spice and fresh floral nuance. Light red berry fruit on the tongue w...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wed, Apr 22, 2015Chappellet Wine Dinner at Cafe Maxx with special guest Cyril Chappellet
It's Just wine... Drink it!! …and we have a busy week nex...
Thu, Apr 23, 2015Share our Strength Taste of the Nation Palm Beach
This is a chance for you to go out and enjoy over 40 different restaura...
Fri, Apr 24, 2015AFWC Charity Wine Gala at Seminole Hard Rock Casino
Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be ...
Thu, Apr 30, 2015Shadowbox wine dinner at Cafe Maxx
"It’s a black fly in your Chardonnay. It’s a death row pardon two...
Fri, May 1, 2015Quintarelli Dal Forno The Kings of Amarone Tasting at Wine Watch
I like best the wine drunk at the cost of others. Diogenes the C...
Wed, May 6, 2015South Africa Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
"Listen to me, Butterfly, there's only so much wine you can drin...
Thu, May 7, 2015An amazing group of Italian producers from Dalla Terra portfolio
"You know what though? You my favorite accident. So go ahead and pop so...
Fri, May 8, 20152010 Brunello di Montalcino Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
"Knockin’ out windows and learnin’ down doors, Drinkin’ half-g...
Sat, May 9, 2015Super 1997 Tuscan Wines - How are the top wines from this outstanding vintage drinking now
“History’s lessons drowned in red wine” Children’s Crusade b...
Thu, May 14, 2015Cafe Maxx Cooking Class Gluten Free Italian Cuisine
We do whatever Hypno, Cris though, I mean whatever Saracco Moscato i...