- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2009 Domaine Janasse Cotes du Rhone
(87 Points) The 2009 Cotes du Rhone, which is 50% Grenache and the rest Syrah, Cinsault and Carignan, offers up a lively nose of sweet strawberry jam intermixed with blacker cherries. This wine has admirable purity and loads of spice, glycerin and body, as this is a lower-acid vintage with slightly more alcohol. It should drink nicely for 2-3 years.
This impeccably run estate, in the capable hands of Christophe Sabon, his sister Isabelle, and their father, is one of the superstars of the southern Rhone Valley. Over the last 12-15 years, the quality of the wines has gone from strength to strength, with brilliant wines being produced in all price categories. They make sumptuous, complex, world-class red, white and rose Cotes du Rhones, and year-in and year-out, their Chateauneuf du Papes are among the top three or four wines of the vintage. Tasting two great vintages (2009 and 2010) from the Sabons was one of the most thrilling tastings I have had this year. My tasting began with some unbelievable Cotes du Rhones. Wine Advocate #197, Oct 2011
List Price: $18.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Terre D'Avignon Cotes du Rhone Reserves des Armoiries - description ...
- 2008 Bodegas Y Vinedos Luna Beberide Finca La Cuesta Bierzo - (91 Points) The 2008 Finca la Cuesta is a single vineyard Mencia sourced from 60-year-old vines. It was fermented with na...
- 2008 Viticultors del Priorat Vega Escal - (91 Points) The fruit for the 2008 Vega Escal was sourced from around the village of Gratallops, a warmer sub-region of Priorat...
- 2012 Craggy Range Sauvignon Blanc Te Muna Road Martinborough - (89 points) Smooth and elegant, with apricot and peach notes adding a fleshy quality to the lemon and lime flavors, featuring ...
- NV Laurent Perrier LP Brut Champagne - (91 points) Refined, with a sweet, smoky undercurrent to the ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Mon, Mar 10, 2014La Spinetta Tasting with Special Guest Giorgio Rivetti
"Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothi...
Tue, Mar 11, 2014Continuum Tasting with Special Guest Dante Mondavi at Wine Watch
Continuum is the latest thing for one of Napa Valley’s first families...
Wed, Mar 12, 2014AFWC Pre event at the Wine Watch
AFWC Pre event at the Wine Watch Wednesday, March 12, 2014 ...
Wed, Mar 12, 2014BR Cohn Dinner at Grille 401 Las Olas with Special Guest Dan Cohn
Thu, Mar 13, 2014Ellman Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
We have an incredible line-up of tastings for the next few weeks as I ...
Fri, Mar 14, 20142012 Bouchard Pere et Fils Barrel Tasting at Wine Watch
It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think...
Tue, Mar 18, 2014Al Catnara Mount Etna Tasting at Wine Watch
Wed, Mar 19, 2014Swanson Dinner at Cafe Maxx with Winemaker Chris Phelps
**Stay Tuned for more details. 2012 Swanson Chardonnay Napa ...
Fri, Mar 28, 2014Vintage Spanish Tasting at Wine Watch
Spain provides some of the geratest values in the wine world today and ...
Wed, Apr 2, 2014Spanish Tasting Ribera Del Duero at Cafe Maxx
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event...