- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2009 Domaine Janasse Cotes du Rhone
(87 Points) The 2009 Cotes du Rhone, which is 50% Grenache and the rest Syrah, Cinsault and Carignan, offers up a lively nose of sweet strawberry jam intermixed with blacker cherries. This wine has admirable purity and loads of spice, glycerin and body, as this is a lower-acid vintage with slightly more alcohol. It should drink nicely for 2-3 years.
This impeccably run estate, in the capable hands of Christophe Sabon, his sister Isabelle, and their father, is one of the superstars of the southern Rhone Valley. Over the last 12-15 years, the quality of the wines has gone from strength to strength, with brilliant wines being produced in all price categories. They make sumptuous, complex, world-class red, white and rose Cotes du Rhones, and year-in and year-out, their Chateauneuf du Papes are among the top three or four wines of the vintage. Tasting two great vintages (2009 and 2010) from the Sabons was one of the most thrilling tastings I have had this year. My tasting began with some unbelievable Cotes du Rhones. Wine Advocate #197, Oct 2011
List Price: $18.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2007 Colpetrone Sagrantino di Montefalco - (92 points) The 2007 Sagrantino di Montefalco is a huge hulking wine bursting with masses of dark fruit that m...
- 2006 Donna Olga Brunello di Montalcino - (92 points) The 2006 Brunello di Montalcino is a very pretty, flashy Brunello. In this vintage I find more eleg...
- Stolzle Wine Watch Tasting Glass - description ...
- 2008 Viticultors del Priorat Vega Escal - (91 Points) The fruit for the 2008 Vega Escal was sourced from around the village of Gratallops, a warmer sub-region of...
- 2008 Bodegas Y Vinedos Luna Beberide Finca La Cuesta Bierzo - (91 Points) The 2008 Finca la Cuesta is a single vineyard Mencia sourced from 60-year-old vines. It was fermented with na...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wed, May 22, 2013California Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting at Café Maxx
"I've got my Cheap Wine and a three day growth" Che...
Thu, May 23, 2013Cafe Maxx Cooking Class with Chef Oliver Saucy - Italian Cuisine
Café Maxx Cooking Class Thursday, May 23 , 201 3 - 05:00 PM Italian C...
Thu, May 23, 2013Alvaro Palacios Dinner at The Edge Steak and Bar
"Wine, it's in my veins and I can't get it out." &nb...
Fri, May 24, 2013Quintarelli VS Dal Forno Tasting at Wine Watch
Wine hath drowned more men than the sea. THOMAS FULLER ...
Tue, May 28, 2013Bodegas Arrayan- Spain tasting with Export Director Alvaro Garcia de Oteyza
Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight ...
Thu, May 30, 2013Wine Dinner at the Dutch with Chris Millard winemaker for Newton Vineyards
Newton Vineyard Collectors Dinner at the Dutch in the W Hotel on Sou...
Fri, May 31, 2013LVMH Tasting at Wine watch
LVMH tasting at Wine Watch Friday May 17th 7pm Tasting Line-...
Tue, Jun 4, 2013Kermit Lynch French Italian Tasting at the Edge Restaurant at the Four Seasons on Brickell
Kermit Lynch has traveled the back roads of French and Italian wine co...
Wed, Jun 5, 2013Southern Rhone Wine Tasting at Café Maxx
start with the 2007 vintage- this could very well be one of the greatest...
Thu, Jun 6, 2013Lokoya Cardinale tasting at Wine Watch
These are two of the crown jewels of the Jackson portfolio of wines ...