- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2009 Domaine Janasse Cotes du Rhone
(87 Points) The 2009 Cotes du Rhone, which is 50% Grenache and the rest Syrah, Cinsault and Carignan, offers up a lively nose of sweet strawberry jam intermixed with blacker cherries. This wine has admirable purity and loads of spice, glycerin and body, as this is a lower-acid vintage with slightly more alcohol. It should drink nicely for 2-3 years.
This impeccably run estate, in the capable hands of Christophe Sabon, his sister Isabelle, and their father, is one of the superstars of the southern Rhone Valley. Over the last 12-15 years, the quality of the wines has gone from strength to strength, with brilliant wines being produced in all price categories. They make sumptuous, complex, world-class red, white and rose Cotes du Rhones, and year-in and year-out, their Chateauneuf du Papes are among the top three or four wines of the vintage. Tasting two great vintages (2009 and 2010) from the Sabons was one of the most thrilling tastings I have had this year. My tasting began with some unbelievable Cotes du Rhones. Wine Advocate #197, Oct 2011
List Price: $18.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Terre D'Avignon Cotes du Rhone Reserves des Armoiries - description ...
- 2009 Clos Saint Jean Chateauneuf Du Pape Vielles Vignes - A blend of 75% old vine Grenache, 15% Syrah, and the balance a mix of Cinsault, MourvÃ¨dre. Spiced black kirsch fruit on the no...
- 2008 Bodegas Y Vinedos Luna Beberide Finca La Cuesta Bierzo - (91 Points) The 2008 Finca la Cuesta is a single vineyard Mencia sourced from 60-year-old vines. It was fermented with na...
- NV Laurent Perrier LP Brut Champagne - (91 points) Refined, with a sweet, smoky undercurrent to the ...
- 2007 De Lisio Quarterback Red McLaren Vale - (90 Points) Last year I was shown four De Lisio wines, this year only the entry level 2007 Quarterback, a sign of the times in ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Tue, Sep 2, 2014Noble Wine Tasting at Wine Watch with Special Guest Trey Christy
Noble Wine Tasting at Wine Watch with Special Guest Trey Christ...
Wed, Sep 3, 2014Burgundy Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
Burgundy Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6...
Thu, Sep 4, 2014Susan Balbo Tasting at Cafe Maxx CRIOS and Benmarco
“There is truth in wine, but you never see it listed in th...
Fri, Sep 5, 2014Argentina/Chile Tasting at Wine Watch
Lloyd: What the hell are we doing here, Harry? We gotta get out ...
Wed, Sep 10, 2014Don Melchor Vertical Wine tasting at Wine Watch with winemaker Enrique
Don Melchor Vertical Wine tasting at Wine Watch with winemaker Enrique ...
Thu, Sep 11, 2014Cafe Maxx Italian Cooking Class Thursday, September 11th at 5pm
Café Maxx Cooks Italian! September 11, 2014 Americas favor...
Fri, Sep 12, 2014Vintage Rhone Tasting at Wine Watch
1995 Guigal Chateau D'Ampuis Cote Rotie (92 Points) The 1995 Cote Ro...
Wed, Sep 17, 2014Piedmont Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event...
Thu, Sep 18, 2014New Times and Wine Watch present the 8th Annual Pairings Event at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
About the Event New Times Broward/Palm Beach proudly presents our 7t...
Fri, Sep 19, 2014Vintage Bordeaux Treasures at Wine Watch
Menu Beef tartar with red onions fried capers and basil infuse...