- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2010 Passopisciaro Bianco Guardiola
The name Contrada refers to "Cru" in this part of the wine world. All of these Contradas on Mount Etna lay on a single lava spill. The higher Contrada are usually the best but they are out of the Mount Etna DOC, thus almost all of Andrea's vineyards are too high to be DOC wines so they are simply entitled Sicilia Bianco and Sicilia Rosso. A very distinct minerality to nose, the volcanic soils showing through some apple and pear fruit, a bit closed on the nose at first. A good amount of fruit on the palate, lovely concentration and depth of flavors with firm underbelly of acidity and that distinct volcanic soil showing through on the finish, very long and layered with a creamy texture. Finish 50 Most Excellent
List Price: $33.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2008 Tenuta Trinoro La Cupole Rosso Toscana IGT - Located in SE Tuscany bordering Lazio and Umbria, a bowl like valley, 600 meters above sea level planted in 1991. The Cupole i...
- 2003 Ca Del Bosco Millesimato - Very complex bouquet of aromas hazelnut, tonic, anise, smoke, candied ginger, tangerine citrus a bit of bitter almond. A big wi...
- 2004 Cantine Valpane Barbera del Monferrato Valpane - Although the names Asti and Alba may be more widely recognized today, Pietro explains that the Monferrato provides more faithfu...
- 2004 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Kabinett - A textbook kabinett--light, crisp and bursting with floral, peach and citrus flavors. It's balanced, with a tangy finish that p...
- 2006 Grgich Hills Merlot Napa - Rich plum and cherry fruit on the nose with hints of toasty oak spice sweet herbs and fresh earth, nice bouquet of aromas, not...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Tue, Sep 2, 2014Noble Wine Tasting at Wine Watch with Special Guest Trey Christy
Noble Wine Tasting at Wine Watch with Special Guest Trey Christ...
Wed, Sep 3, 2014Burgundy Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
Burgundy Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6...
Thu, Sep 4, 2014Susan Balbo Tasting at Cafe Maxx CRIOS and Benmarco
“There is truth in wine, but you never see it listed in th...
Fri, Sep 5, 2014Argentina/Chile Tasting at Wine Watch
Lloyd: What the hell are we doing here, Harry? We gotta get out ...
Wed, Sep 10, 2014Don Melchor Vertical Wine tasting at Wine Watch with winemaker Enrique
Don Melchor Vertical Wine tasting at Wine Watch with winemaker Enrique ...
Thu, Sep 11, 2014Cafe Maxx Italian Cooking Class Thursday, September 11th at 5pm
Café Maxx Cooks Italian! September 11, 2014 Americas favor...
Fri, Sep 12, 2014Vintage Rhone Tasting at Wine Watch
1995 Guigal Chateau D'Ampuis Cote Rotie (92 Points) The 1995 Cote Ro...
Wed, Sep 17, 2014Piedmont Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event...
Thu, Sep 18, 2014New Times and Wine Watch present the 8th Annual Pairings Event at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
About the Event New Times Broward/Palm Beach proudly presents our 7t...
Fri, Sep 19, 2014Vintage Bordeaux Treasures at Wine Watch
Menu Beef tartar with red onions fried capers and basil infuse...