- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2010 Passopisciaro Bianco Guardiola
The name Contrada refers to "Cru" in this part of the wine world. All of these Contradas on Mount Etna lay on a single lava spill. The higher Contrada are usually the best but they are out of the Mount Etna DOC, thus almost all of Andrea's vineyards are too high to be DOC wines so they are simply entitled Sicilia Bianco and Sicilia Rosso. A very distinct minerality to nose, the volcanic soils showing through some apple and pear fruit, a bit closed on the nose at first. A good amount of fruit on the palate, lovely concentration and depth of flavors with firm underbelly of acidity and that distinct volcanic soil showing through on the finish, very long and layered with a creamy texture. Finish 50 Most Excellent
List Price: $33.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2008 Tenuta Trinoro La Cupole Rosso Toscana IGT - Located in SE Tuscany bordering Lazio and Umbria, a bowl like valley, 600 meters above sea level planted in 1991. The Cupole i...
- 2003 Ca Del Bosco Millesimato - Very complex bouquet of aromas hazelnut, tonic, anise, smoke, candied ginger, tangerine citrus a bit of bitter almond. A big wi...
- 2004 Cantine Valpane Barbera del Monferrato Valpane - Although the names Asti and Alba may be more widely recognized today, Pietro explains that the Monferrato provides more faithfu...
- 2004 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Kabinett - A textbook kabinett--light, crisp and bursting with floral, peach and citrus flavors. It's balanced, with a tangy finish that p...
- 2006 Grgich Hills Merlot Napa - Rich plum and cherry fruit on the nose with hints of toasty oak spice sweet herbs and fresh earth, nice bouquet of aromas, not...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wed, Jul 23, 2014Priorat Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
“There can never be any substitute for your own palate nor...
Fri, Jul 25, 2014Penfolds Grange Wine Dinner at Cafe Maxx
“WARNING! The consumption of wine might cause you to think you c...
Wed, Jul 30, 2014A tasting in Memory of wine educator Barry Alberts at Wine Watch
A tasting in Memory of wine educator Barry Alberts at Wine Watch Wednes...
Thu, Jul 31, 2014Cliff Lede Tasting at Wine Watch
Cliff Lede is one of the most exciting new projects to come out of Napa...
Wed, Aug 6, 2014Nicolas Catena Argentina Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
No thing more excellent nor more valuable than wine was ever granted ma...
Fri, Aug 8, 2014Wine Tasting with Special Guest Dave Phinney at Wine Watch
This is a special afternoon event with winemaker Dave Phinney. Stay t...
Wed, Aug 20, 2014Chilean Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
Thu, Aug 21, 2014Cafe Maxx Cooking Class Lobster Lobster
Fri, Aug 22, 2014Super Syrah Tasting at Wine Watch
“I pray you, do not fall in love with me, for I am falser than vows ...
Wed, Aug 27, 2014Domaine Weinbach Alsace Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
"Old red wine, not worth a dime; we'll have to finish it after c...