- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2010 Passopisciaro Bianco Guardiola
The name Contrada refers to "Cru" in this part of the wine world. All of these Contradas on Mount Etna lay on a single lava spill. The higher Contrada are usually the best but they are out of the Mount Etna DOC, thus almost all of Andrea's vineyards are too high to be DOC wines so they are simply entitled Sicilia Bianco and Sicilia Rosso. A very distinct minerality to nose, the volcanic soils showing through some apple and pear fruit, a bit closed on the nose at first. A good amount of fruit on the palate, lovely concentration and depth of flavors with firm underbelly of acidity and that distinct volcanic soil showing through on the finish, very long and layered with a creamy texture. Finish 50 Most Excellent
List Price: $33.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2008 Tenuta Trinoro La Cupole Rosso Toscana IGT - Located in SE Tuscany bordering Lazio and Umbria, a bowl like valley, 600 meters above sea level planted in 1991. The Cupole i...
- 2011 Pra Soave Classico - description ...
- 2003 Ca Del Bosco Millesimato - Very complex bouquet of aromas hazelnut, tonic, anise, smoke, candied ginger, tangerine citrus a bit of bitter almond. A big wi...
- 2004 Cantine Valpane Barbera del Monferrato Valpane - Although the names Asti and Alba may be more widely recognized today, Pietro explains that the Monferrato provides more faith...
- 2007 Contratto Spumante Brut Italy - This is the Rivetti's newest project, Giorgio has always been a big fan if great Champagne and sparkling wine and there is grea...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wed, Dec 18, 2013Adavino Wine Tasting at New River Gallery on Las Olas
Adavino Tasting at New River Gallery on Las Olas 2011 Lola Chardonna...
Fri, Jan 10, 2014Bordeaux Tasting at Wine Watch
Join us as we explore the last few recent releases from the world's mos...
Tue, Jan 14, 2014Bordeaux Tasting at the Edge Steak and Bar
These tastings at the Edge Restaurant for $35 are the best value of an...
Wed, Jan 15, 2014Bordeaux Tasting at Cafe Maxx
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event...
Fri, Jan 17, 20141-17:Best of 2013 Tasting at Wine Watch
This is the 7th annual Best of Tasting here at the store. join us as ...
Mon, Jan 20, 2014David Arthur Dinner at Cafe Maxx with specail guest David Arthur Long
I don't do too many events on Monday nights but when personalities like...
Tue, Jan 21, 2014Burgundy and Pinot Noir from around the world at the Edge Steak and Bar
These tastings at the Edge Restaurant for $35 are the best value of any...
Wed, Jan 22, 2014Blending Seminar with Anthony Bell at Wine Watch
Anthony Bell is becoming notorious here in South Florida for his...
Fri, Jan 24, 2014200 Years of Madeira Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
"I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age...
Sat, Jan 25, 2014Vintage Port Tasting at Wine Watch
“I've gotten more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of m...