- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2000 Moschioni Real Friuli Magnum
(92 Points) Only available in magnums, the 2000 Real is a blend of 25% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 50% Tazzelengag. This exotic, kinky wine will be enjoyed by only the most adventurous readers. The color is a dense purple, and the wine exhibits mountain flower, blueberry, blackberry, wet dog, cheese rind, and other singular characteristics that could be described as pornographic. Full-bodied and incredibly distinctive, it is not for everybody. I thought it was wild stuff. Readers who taste it and think I'm crazy, may not be far off the mark. How will it age? I don't know, but there is so much flavor, and the fact that it is only available in magnum suggests 10-15 years of evolution. Perhaps it will become more civilized with aging, but who knows? Wine Advocate #144 Dec 2002
List Price: $180.00
Available: Ships in 2 - 3 days
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2004 Moschioni Rosso Celtico Friuli - Wine Watch Review: 100% Organically produced with everything done by hand in the vineyard, very low yields. Ripe and seducti...
- 2004 Moschioni Schioppettino Friuli - Wine Watch Review: Very unique bouquet of aromas sweet tobacco almost portlike on the nose very ripe and notes of molassis brow...
- 2002 Ramoser Merlot - Wine Watch Review: A pomerol like nose fresh plowed earth tobacco and fine herbs to the black plum and blackberry fruit. Big ...
- 2013 Terredora Di Paolo Greco Di Tufo DOCG - This wine has a nice hand of lemon citrus and notes of toasted grains with a light green herbal nuance to the peach and apricot...
- NV Ca Del Bosco Brut Cuvee Prestige Franciacorta - Identity. A virtue found in the etymology of an ancient word: idem, or being the same. CuvÃ©e Prestige, the essence of Franciac...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Tue, Jan 27, 2015Byron Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
Vito Corleone: I like to drink wine more than I used to. M...
Thu, Jan 29, 2015Vineyard House Tasting at Wine Watch with Jeremy Nickel
Thoughts on the matter: “I would like a wine. The purpose of the...
Fri, Jan 30, 2015Vintage Red Burgundy Tasting at Wine Watch
Thoughts on the matter: “I like all paintings. I al...
Sat, Jan 31, 2015David Arthur Long at Wine Watch BBQ
“Someone said drink the water, but I will drink the wine / Some...
Tue, Feb 3, 2015Eric Baugher from Monte Bello Estate at Wine Watch
One of the historic vineyards of California and one that a lot of serio...
Tue, Feb 3, 2015Vietti Wine dinner with Luca Currado at Market 17
One of my favorite wineries from the Piedmonte!! Stay tuned for more i...
Thu, Feb 5, 2015Wine with Chocolate Tasting at Florida Builders
Stay tuned for more info on this event.
Fri, Feb 6, 2015Pre-Valentines Day Champagne Tasting at Wine Watch
One of my most exciting Saturday nights was just me and a bottle of win...
Sat, Feb 7, 2015New California Cult Cabernet at 1800 Las Olas
This tasting will introduce some of the New Napa Cult Cabernet Sauvigno...
Wed, Feb 11, 2015Cafe Maxx Wine Tasting Languedoc South of France
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event...