- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2000 Moschioni Real Friuli Magnum
(92 Points) Only available in magnums, the 2000 Real is a blend of 25% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 50% Tazzelengag. This exotic, kinky wine will be enjoyed by only the most adventurous readers. The color is a dense purple, and the wine exhibits mountain flower, blueberry, blackberry, wet dog, cheese rind, and other singular characteristics that could be described as pornographic. Full-bodied and incredibly distinctive, it is not for everybody. I thought it was wild stuff. Readers who taste it and think I'm crazy, may not be far off the mark. How will it age? I don't know, but there is so much flavor, and the fact that it is only available in magnum suggests 10-15 years of evolution. Perhaps it will become more civilized with aging, but who knows? Wine Advocate #144 Dec 2002
List Price: $180.00
Quantity in Stock: 1
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2004 Moschioni Rosso Celtico Friuli - Wine Watch Review: 100% Organically produced with everything done by hand in the vineyard, very low yields. Ripe and seducti...
- 2004 Moschioni Schioppettino Friuli - Wine Watch Review: Very unique bouquet of aromas sweet tobacco almost portlike on the nose very ripe and notes of molassis brow...
- 2002 Ramoser Merlot - Wine Watch Review: A pomerol like nose fresh plowed earth tobacco and fine herbs to the black plum and blackberry fruit. Big ...
- 2001 Cape D'Estaing Shiraz Admiral's Reserve Kangaroo Island Magnum - description ...
- 2009 Planeta La Segreta Red Sicily - A blend of 50% Nero D'Avola, 25% Merlot, 20% Syrah, 5% Cabernet Franc. A nice amount fresh herbs with a slight green character ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Sat, Aug 2, 2014Cliff Lede Tasting at Wine Watch
“I drink coffee because I need it, and wine because I deserve ...
Wed, Aug 6, 2014Catena/Cousino Macul - Argentina/Chile Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
“The best wine comes from home, wherever it is.” -Kirk Dougla...
Fri, Aug 8, 2014Wine Tasting with Special Guest Dave Phinney at Wine Watch
This is a special afternoon event with winemaker Dave Phinney. Stay t...
Thu, Aug 21, 2014Cafe Maxx Cooking Class Lobster Lobster
Fri, Aug 22, 2014Super Syrah Tasting at Wine Watch
“I pray you, do not fall in love with me, for I am falser than vows ...
Wed, Aug 27, 2014Domaine Weinbach Alsace Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
"Old red wine, not worth a dime; we'll have to finish it after c...
Fri, Aug 29, 2014Vintage Australian Tasting at Wine Watch
At sea a fellow comes out. Salt water is like wine, in that respe...
Wed, Sep 3, 2014Burgundy Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event...
Fri, Sep 5, 2014Argentina/Chile Tasting at Wine Watch
Wed, Sep 10, 2014Don Melchor component wine tasting at Wine Watch with winemaker Enrique
Join us as we experience how this iconic Chilean wine is made as we tas...