- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Dry Rose
- Other Red
- Eclectic White
- Syrah / Shiraz
- Red Burgundy
- White Burgundy
- Rhone varietals / Rhone
- Amarone / Valpolicella
- Italian Red - Other
- Italian Whites
- Sangiovese / Tuscany
- Chile & Argentina
- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
2000 Moschioni Real Friuli Magnum
(92 Points) Only available in magnums, the 2000 Real is a blend of 25% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 50% Tazzelengag. This exotic, kinky wine will be enjoyed by only the most adventurous readers. The color is a dense purple, and the wine exhibits mountain flower, blueberry, blackberry, wet dog, cheese rind, and other singular characteristics that could be described as pornographic. Full-bodied and incredibly distinctive, it is not for everybody. I thought it was wild stuff. Readers who taste it and think I'm crazy, may not be far off the mark. How will it age? I don't know, but there is so much flavor, and the fact that it is only available in magnum suggests 10-15 years of evolution. Perhaps it will become more civilized with aging, but who knows? Wine Advocate #144 Dec 2002
List Price: $180.00
Sale Price: $149.75
Quantity in Stock: 11
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2002 Ramoser Merlot - Wine Watch Review: A pomerol like nose fresh plowed earth tobacco and fine herbs to the black plum and blackberry fruit. Big ...
- 2010 Planeta Carricante - Lovely ripe pear fruit along with notes of anise and gardenia flower. Good freshness on the palate which is a hallmark of this ...
- 2013 Terredora Di Paolo Greco Di Tufo DOCG - This wine has a nice hand of lemon citrus and notes of toasted grains with a light green herbal nuance to the peach and apricot...
- NV Ca Del Bosco Brut Cuvee Prestige Franciacorta - Identity. A virtue found in the etymology of an ancient word: idem, or being the same. CuvÃ©e Prestige, the essence of Franciac...
- NV Gosset Brut Excellence - (92 Points) Refined and creamy, with delicate acidity that finds fine balance with the layers of poached apple and pear, lemon ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wed, Apr 22, 2015Chappellet Wine Dinner at Cafe Maxx with special guest Cyril Chappellet
It's Just wine... Drink it!! …and we have a busy week nex...
Thu, Apr 23, 2015Share our Strength Taste of the Nation Palm Beach
This is a chance for you to go out and enjoy over 40 different restaura...
Fri, Apr 24, 2015AFWC Charity Wine Gala at Seminole Hard Rock Casino
Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be ...
Thu, Apr 30, 2015Shadowbox wine dinner at Cafe Maxx
"It’s a black fly in your Chardonnay. It’s a death row pardon two...
Fri, May 1, 2015Quintarelli Dal Forno The Kings of Amarone Tasting at Wine Watch
I like best the wine drunk at the cost of others. Diogenes the C...
Wed, May 6, 2015South Africa Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
"Listen to me, Butterfly, there's only so much wine you can drin...
Thu, May 7, 2015An amazing group of Italian producers from Dalla Terra portfolio
"You know what though? You my favorite accident. So go ahead and pop so...
Fri, May 8, 20152010 Brunello di Montalcino Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
"Knockin’ out windows and learnin’ down doors, Drinkin’ half-g...
Sat, May 9, 2015Super 1997 Tuscan Wines - How are the top wines from this outstanding vintage drinking now
“History’s lessons drowned in red wine” Children’s Crusade b...
Thu, May 14, 2015Cafe Maxx Cooking Class Gluten Free Italian Cuisine
We do whatever Hypno, Cris though, I mean whatever Saracco Moscato i...