- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2000 Moschioni Real Friuli Magnum
(92 Points) Only available in magnums, the 2000 Real is a blend of 25% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 50% Tazzelengag. This exotic, kinky wine will be enjoyed by only the most adventurous readers. The color is a dense purple, and the wine exhibits mountain flower, blueberry, blackberry, wet dog, cheese rind, and other singular characteristics that could be described as pornographic. Full-bodied and incredibly distinctive, it is not for everybody. I thought it was wild stuff. Readers who taste it and think I'm crazy, may not be far off the mark. How will it age? I don't know, but there is so much flavor, and the fact that it is only available in magnum suggests 10-15 years of evolution. Perhaps it will become more civilized with aging, but who knows? Wine Advocate #144 Dec 2002
List Price: $180.00
Quantity in Stock: 1
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2004 Moschioni Rosso Celtico Friuli - Wine Watch Review: 100% Organically produced with everything done by hand in the vineyard, very low yields. Ripe and seducti...
- 2004 Moschioni Schioppettino Friuli - Wine Watch Review: Very unique bouquet of aromas sweet tobacco almost portlike on the nose very ripe and notes of molassis brow...
- 2002 Ramoser Merlot - Wine Watch Review: A pomerol like nose fresh plowed earth tobacco and fine herbs to the black plum and blackberry fruit. Big ...
- 2013 Terredora Di Paolo Greco Di Tufo DOCG - This wine has a nice hand of lemon citrus and notes of toasted grains with a light green herbal nuance to the peach and apricot...
- NV Ca Del Bosco Brut Cuvee Prestige Franciacorta - Identity. A virtue found in the etymology of an ancient word: idem, or being the same. CuvÃ©e Prestige, the essence of Franciac...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Mon, Nov 3, 2014Vega Sicilia Wine Dinner at Casa D'Angelo With Special Guest Pablo Alvarez Proprietor
“Good company, good wine, good welcome, can make good peop...
Fri, Nov 7, 2014Vintage Madeira Tasting at Wine Watch
You can not call yourself a wine lover if you have never tried Madeira....
Sat, Nov 8, 2014MODS Gala Wine Auction
November 8, 2014 6 p.m. The Museum of Discovery and Science will hos...
Tue, Nov 11, 2014Jed Steele Wine Dinner at Cafe Maxx
The only winemaker dinner that we have done every year for over two dec...
Wed, Nov 12, 2014Champagne Tasting at Cafe Maxx
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any even...
Fri, Nov 14, 2014Wines of the World Symphony of the Americas Dinner and Auction at Pier 66
Wines of the World Auction & Dinner Hyatt Regency Pier S...
Thu, Nov 20, 2014Cafe Maxx Cooking Class Desserts and Champagne
Stay Tuned for more Details
Fri, Nov 21, 2014Vintage Port Tasting at Wine Watch
Vintage Port Tasting at Wine Watch Tasting Line-Up: 1...
Sat, Nov 22, 2014Pre Thanksgiving Champagne Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Jan 9, 2015Chateau Lafite Rothschild Tasting back to 1893
Chateau Lafite Rothschild Tasting back to 1893, this wine was purchased...