- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2000 Moschioni Real Friuli Magnum
(92 Points) Only available in magnums, the 2000 Real is a blend of 25% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 50% Tazzelengag. This exotic, kinky wine will be enjoyed by only the most adventurous readers. The color is a dense purple, and the wine exhibits mountain flower, blueberry, blackberry, wet dog, cheese rind, and other singular characteristics that could be described as pornographic. Full-bodied and incredibly distinctive, it is not for everybody. I thought it was wild stuff. Readers who taste it and think I'm crazy, may not be far off the mark. How will it age? I don't know, but there is so much flavor, and the fact that it is only available in magnum suggests 10-15 years of evolution. Perhaps it will become more civilized with aging, but who knows? Wine Advocate #144
List Price: $180.00
Quantity in Stock: 3
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2004 Moschioni Rosso Celtico Friuli - Wine Watch Review: 100% Organically produced with everything done by hand in the vineyard, very low yields. Ripe and seducti...
- 2002 Ramoser Merlot - Wine Watch Review: A pomerol like nose fresh plowed earth tobacco and fine herbs to the black plum and blackberry fruit. Big ...
- 2004 Moschioni Schioppettino Friuli - Wine Watch Review: Very unique bouquet of aromas sweet tobacco almost portlike on the nose very ripe and notes of molassis ...
- NV Gosset Brut Excellence - (92 Points) Refined and creamy, with delicate acidity that finds fine balance with the layers of poached apple and pear...
- 2010 Terredora Di Paolo Greco Di Tufo DOCG - This wine has a nice hand of lemon citrus and notes of toasted grains with a light green herbal nuance to the peach and ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Tue, May 21, 2013Austria and German wine tasting at the Edge Steak and Bar
Wine and cheese are ageless companions, like aspirin and aches,...
Wed, May 22, 2013California Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting at Café Maxx
"I've got my Cheap Wine and a three day growth" Che...
Thu, May 23, 2013Cafe Maxx Cooking Class with Chef Oliver Saucy - Italian Cuisine
Café Maxx Cooking Class Thursday, May 23 , 201 3 - 05:00 PM Italian C...
Thu, May 23, 2013Alvaro Palacios Dinner at The Edge Steak and Bar
"Wine, it's in my veins and I can't get it out." &nb...
Fri, May 24, 2013Quintarelli VS Dal Forno Tasting at Wine Watch
Wine hath drowned more men than the sea. THOMAS FULLER ...
Tue, May 28, 2013Bodegas Arrayan- Spain tasting with Export Director Alvaro Garcia de Oteyza
Bodegas Arrayán was founded by entrepreneur José María Entrecanales ...
Thu, May 30, 2013Wine Dinner at the Dutch with Chris Millard winemaker for Newton Vineyards
Newton Vineyard Collectors Dinner at the Dutch Thursday, May 30th 7pm...
Fri, May 31, 2013LVMH Tasting at Wine watch
LVMH tasting at Wine Watch Friday May 17th 7pm Tasting Line-...
Tue, Jun 4, 2013Kermit Lynch French Italian Tasting at the Edge Restaurant at the Four Seasons on Brickell
Kermit Lynch has traveled the back roads of French and Italian wine co...
Wed, Jun 5, 2013Southern Rhone Wine Tasting at Café Maxx
start with the 2007 vintage- this could very well be one of the greatest...