- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
- German Whites
- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
2000 Moschioni Real Friuli Magnum
(92 Points) Only available in magnums, the 2000 Real is a blend of 25% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 50% Tazzelengag. This exotic, kinky wine will be enjoyed by only the most adventurous readers. The color is a dense purple, and the wine exhibits mountain flower, blueberry, blackberry, wet dog, cheese rind, and other singular characteristics that could be described as pornographic. Full-bodied and incredibly distinctive, it is not for everybody. I thought it was wild stuff. Readers who taste it and think I'm crazy, may not be far off the mark. How will it age? I don't know, but there is so much flavor, and the fact that it is only available in magnum suggests 10-15 years of evolution. Perhaps it will become more civilized with aging, but who knows? Wine Advocate #144 Dec 2002
List Price: $180.00
Sale Price: $149.75
Quantity in Stock: 11
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2002 Ramoser Merlot - Wine Watch Review: A pomerol like nose fresh plowed earth tobacco and fine herbs to the black plum and blackberry fruit. Big ...
- 2010 Planeta Carricante - Lovely ripe pear fruit along with notes of anise and gardenia flower. Good freshness on the palate which is a hallmark of this ...
- 2013 Terredora Di Paolo Greco Di Tufo DOCG - This wine has a nice hand of lemon citrus and notes of toasted grains with a light green herbal nuance to the peach and apricot...
- NV Ca Del Bosco Brut Cuvee Prestige Franciacorta - Identity. A virtue found in the etymology of an ancient word: idem, or being the same. CuvÃ©e Prestige, the essence of Franciac...
- NV Gosset Brut Excellence - (92 Points) Refined and creamy, with delicate acidity that finds fine balance with the layers of poached apple and pear, lemon ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wed, Apr 1, 2015Staglin Family Wine Dinner at Michael Mina Stripsteak in the Fountainbleau Hotel with Special Guest Shannon Staglin
Staglin Family Wine Dinner Spring English Pea Langousti...
Thu, Apr 2, 2015Merryvale Wine tasting with winemaker Simon Faury
The memory of some bottles can stay with your for life. While the...
Fri, Apr 3, 2015Chardonnay Tasting at Wine Watch
Tonight we will feature wines made from the most famous white varietal ...
Wed, Apr 8, 2015Chardonnay around the world Tasting at Cafe Maxx
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event...
Tue, Apr 14, 2015German Tasting with Dr. Loosen Wines
Menu: German white bean Soup with toasted italian bread croutons and...
Wed, Apr 15, 2015Wines of Verona Tasting at Wine Watch
“I have lived temperately, I double the doctor’s recommendation of ...
Fri, Apr 17, 2015Bruno Giacosa Red Label Barolo tasting at Wine Watch
One of the greatest producers in the Piedmont and the rare Red Label Ri...
Wed, Apr 22, 2015Chappellet Wine Dinner at Cafe Maxx with special guest Cyril Chappellet
..Stay Tuned for more information about this event.
Thu, Apr 23, 2015Share our Strength Taste of the Nation Palm Beach
This is a chance for you to go out and enjoy over 40 different restaura...
Fri, Apr 24, 2015AFWC Charity Wine Gala at Seminole Hard Rock Casino
The Most Rockin' Wine Event of the Year at the Seminole Hard Roc...