- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2000 Moschioni Real Friuli Magnum
(92 Points) Only available in magnums, the 2000 Real is a blend of 25% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 50% Tazzelengag. This exotic, kinky wine will be enjoyed by only the most adventurous readers. The color is a dense purple, and the wine exhibits mountain flower, blueberry, blackberry, wet dog, cheese rind, and other singular characteristics that could be described as pornographic. Full-bodied and incredibly distinctive, it is not for everybody. I thought it was wild stuff. Readers who taste it and think I'm crazy, may not be far off the mark. How will it age? I don't know, but there is so much flavor, and the fact that it is only available in magnum suggests 10-15 years of evolution. Perhaps it will become more civilized with aging, but who knows? Wine Advocate #144 Dec 2002
List Price: $180.00
Quantity in Stock: 1
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2004 Moschioni Rosso Celtico Friuli - Wine Watch Review: 100% Organically produced with everything done by hand in the vineyard, very low yields. Ripe and seducti...
- 2004 Moschioni Schioppettino Friuli - Wine Watch Review: Very unique bouquet of aromas sweet tobacco almost portlike on the nose very ripe and notes of molassis brow...
- 2002 Ramoser Merlot - Wine Watch Review: A pomerol like nose fresh plowed earth tobacco and fine herbs to the black plum and blackberry fruit. Big ...
- 2013 Terredora Di Paolo Greco Di Tufo DOCG - This wine has a nice hand of lemon citrus and notes of toasted grains with a light green herbal nuance to the peach and apricot...
- NV Ca Del Bosco Brut Cuvee Prestige Franciacorta - Identity. A virtue found in the etymology of an ancient word: idem, or being the same. CuvÃ©e Prestige, the essence of Franciac...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Thu, Oct 23, 20141982 Big Eight Tasting featuring: Lafite, Mouton, Margaux, Haut Brion, Latour, Cheval Blanc, Petus and Ausone
One of the greatest events we have every put on, Only $1250!! ...
Fri, Oct 24, 2014Pacific Southern and Foley Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
It is my wish that an unforgettable wine should live on afte...
Sat, Oct 25, 2014Gaja White Truffle Dinner at Wine Watch
“Nothing makes the future look so rosy as to contemplate it thr...
Sun, Oct 26, 2014I Care I Cure Charity Event at Marlins Park
Join I Care I Cure for the 2nd Annual Celebrity Chef Culinary & Win...
Tue, Oct 28, 2014Seven Hills Winery Dinner at Cafe Maxx with Special Guest Erik McLaughlin
"After working late one night, I drank a bottle of frisky Beaujol...
Wed, Oct 29, 2014Washington State Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
What I Drank Yesterday: A.P. Vin A.P. Vin winery was est...
Mon, Nov 3, 2014Vega Sicilia Wine Dinner at Casa D'Angelo With Special Guest Pablo Alvarez Proprietor
Vega Sicilia Wine Dinner at Casa D'Angelo With Special Guest Pablo Alv...
Fri, Nov 7, 2014Vintage Madeira Tasting at Wine Watch
You can not call yourself a wine lover if you have never tried Madeira....
Sat, Nov 8, 2014MODS Gala Wine Auction
Tue, Nov 11, 2014Jed Steele Wine Dinner at Cafe Maxx
The only winemaker dinner that we have done every year for over two dec...