2006 Marcarini Barolo Brunate
Very traditional producer large Slovenian oak casks, lovely bouquet here of red berry fruit dried rose petals and red licorice spice. Big and chewy on the tongue with lots of dry tannins showing but has lots of everything too needs a bit of time to some around traditional style with firm acidity holding everything together. Finish 50 Most Excellent
(93 Points) The 2006 Barolo Brunate blossoms on the palate with layers of dark fruit, menthol, spices and minerals, all of which come together with a classic, ethereal weight that is quite appealing. The tannins are formidable, but there is more than enough richness and depth in the fruit to provide balance. The finish is surprisingly round and harmonious at this stage but I expect the wine to close down on itself over the coming months. Marcariniâ€™s 2006 Barolo Brunate is simply terrific. Proprietor Manuel Marchetti says that his plot in Brunate sees wider temperature fluctuations than his vineyard in La Serra, which in large part accounts for the differences between his two Barolos. Anticipated maturity: 2016-2026. Proprietor Manuel Marchetti describes 2006 as a warm year without too many challenges. The Nebbiolo harvest took place in mid-October. The wines were fermented in cement for 45 days and subsequently spent two years in oak prior to being bottled without clarification or filtration. Marchettiâ€™s 2006s show lovely balance and deliver exceptional quality for the money. Wine Advocate # 187, Feb 2010
List Price: $58.50
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2008 Tenuta San Guido Guidalberto Bolgheri - (90 Points) Tenuta San Guido’s 2008 Guidalberto is a very pretty wine laced with mineral-infused dark fruit. This is a decidedl...
- 2006 Canalicchio Di Sopra Rosso di Montalcino - This is a classic Rosso with red cherry and wild strawberry fruit on the nose with notes of dried herbs and mushroom. Red berry...
- 2010 Lupe Cholet Chablis Vaucopins 1er Cru - This premier cru is on the north side adjacent to Blanchot. Sea shell like minerality on the nose with lemon drop candy citrus ...
- 2008 Marengo Barolo Bricco Delle Viole - (94 points) The 2008 Barolo Bricco Viole shows the personality of the vintage and freshness of the site. Sweet red berries, flo...
- 1997 Taylor Fladgate Vintage Port - (96 points)Saturated black/purple-colored, with stunning aromatics of blueberries, blackberries, licorice, and iron, this spect...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Mon, Nov 3, 2014Vega Sicilia Wine Dinner at Casa D'Angelo With Special Guest Pablo Alvarez Proprietor
“Good company, good wine, good welcome, can make good peop...
Fri, Nov 7, 2014Vintage Madeira Tasting at Wine Watch
You can not call yourself a wine lover if you have never tried Madeira....
Sat, Nov 8, 2014MODS Gala Wine Auction
November 8, 2014 6 p.m. The Museum of Discovery and Science will hos...
Tue, Nov 11, 2014Jed Steele Wine Dinner at Cafe Maxx
The only winemaker dinner that we have done every year for over two dec...
Wed, Nov 12, 2014Champagne Tasting at Cafe Maxx
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any even...
Fri, Nov 14, 2014Wines of the World Symphony of the Americas Dinner and Auction at Pier 66
Wines of the World Auction & Dinner Hyatt Regency Pier S...
Thu, Nov 20, 2014Cafe Maxx Cooking Class Desserts and Champagne
Stay Tuned for more Details
Fri, Nov 21, 2014Vintage Port Tasting at Wine Watch
Vintage Port Tasting at Wine Watch Tasting Line-Up: 1...
Sat, Nov 22, 2014Pre Thanksgiving Champagne Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Jan 9, 2015Chateau Lafite Rothschild Tasting back to 1893
Chateau Lafite Rothschild Tasting back to 1893, this wine was purchased...