2006 Marcarini Barolo Brunate
Very traditional producer large Slovenian oak casks, lovely bouquet here of red berry fruit dried rose petals and red licorice spice. Big and chewy on the tongue with lots of dry tannins showing but has lots of everything too needs a bit of time to some around traditional style with firm acidity holding everything together. Finish 50 Most Excellent
(93 Points) The 2006 Barolo Brunate blossoms on the palate with layers of dark fruit, menthol, spices and minerals, all of which come together with a classic, ethereal weight that is quite appealing. The tannins are formidable, but there is more than enough richness and depth in the fruit to provide balance. The finish is surprisingly round and harmonious at this stage but I expect the wine to close down on itself over the coming months. Marcariniâ€™s 2006 Barolo Brunate is simply terrific. Proprietor Manuel Marchetti says that his plot in Brunate sees wider temperature fluctuations than his vineyard in La Serra, which in large part accounts for the differences between his two Barolos. Anticipated maturity: 2016-2026. Proprietor Manuel Marchetti describes 2006 as a warm year without too many challenges. The Nebbiolo harvest took place in mid-October. The wines were fermented in cement for 45 days and subsequently spent two years in oak prior to being bottled without clarification or filtration. Marchettiâ€™s 2006s show lovely balance and deliver exceptional quality for the money. Wine Advocate # 187, Feb 2010
List Price: $58.50
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2008 Tenuta San Guido Guidalberto Bolgheri - (90 Points) Tenuta San Guido’s 2008 Guidalberto is a very pretty wine laced with mineral-infused dark fruit. This is a decidedl...
- 2007 Domaine Roger Sabon Chateauneuf du Pape Les Olivets - (90-92 Points) The 2007 Chateauneuf du Pape Les Olivets is Provencal, displaying notes of roasted herbs, licorice, sweet bl...
- 2006 Conterno Fantino Barolo Sori Ginestra - Wow a very complex bouquet of rose petals fresh black spices and red cherry liqueur like fruit 100% barrique. Wow this wine ...
- 1997 Taylor Fladgate Vintage Port - (96 points)Saturated black/purple-colored, with stunning aromatics of blueberries, blackberries, licorice, and iron, this spect...
- 2000 Rinaldi Barolo Brunate - (96 points) The 2000 Barolo Brunate/Le Coste, tasted from magnum, is one of the wines of the vintage. Still imposing and massiv...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Sat, Mar 8, 2014Francois Villard Northern Rhone Tasting at Wine Watch
“If this was the best wine that Jim and Nora could afford or, w...
Mon, Mar 10, 2014La Spinetta Tasting with Special Guest Giorgio Rivetti
"Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothi...
Tue, Mar 11, 2014Continuum Tasting with Special Guest Dante Mondavi at Wine Watch
Continuum is the latest thing for one of Napa Valley’s first families...
Wed, Mar 12, 2014AFWC Pre event at the Wine Watch
AFWC Pre event at the Wine Watch Wednesday, March 12, 2014 ...
Wed, Mar 12, 2014BR Cohn Dinner at Grille 401 Las Olas with Special Guest Dan Cohn
Thu, Mar 13, 2014Ellman Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
We have an incredible line-up of tastings for the next few weeks as I ...
Fri, Mar 14, 20142012 Bouchard Pere et Fils Barrel Tasting at Wine Watch
It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think...
Tue, Mar 18, 2014Al Catnara Mount Etna Tasting at Wine Watch
Wed, Mar 19, 2014Swanson Dinner at Cafe Maxx with Winemaker Chris Phelps
**Stay Tuned for more details.
Fri, Mar 28, 2014Vintage Spanish Tasting at Wine Watch
Spain provides some of the geratest values in the wine world today and ...