2005 Craggy Range Sophia Merlot Cabernet Franc Hawkes Bay
This is a similar blend to Chateau Cheval Blanc and has a wonderful complex bouquet of ripe plum and black cherry fruit, a pretty floral notes and violet floral tones. Rich and elegant on the tongue with a smooth silky texture and a long and layered finish with notes of herbs, fresh earth and dark coco spice. Finish 50+ Most Excellent
Sophia means â€˜wisdomâ€™. It is the collective wisdom of those charged with its creation now and that of previous generations passed on, that makes this wine we call "Sophia" so special. Produced entirely from our Gimblett Gravels Vineyard nestled on the right bank of the Ngaruroro River, it is a blend of the very best Merlot and Cabernet Franc parcels of the vineyard. Always classy, always evocative and always richly textured.
(86 points) Very concentrated, with sweaty saddle leather flavors battling black currant, mineral and violet tones. Lead pencil, peat moss and gripping tannins linger on the leathery finish. Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon. Drink now through 2010. 500 cases imported. â€“DS
Issue: May 15, 2008
List Price: $61.50
Quantity in Stock: 1
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2003 Massena Moonlight Run Grenache Shiraz - (93 Points) The terrific 2003 The Moonlight Run is a blend of 62% Grenache (from 120-year-old vines), 15% Shiraz (from 45-year-o...
- 2005 Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino - A very rustically fashioned nose with lots of fresh plowed earth dried porcini mushroom an...
- 2009 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Boucherottes - Beaune vineyards are the most extensive of the CÃ´te de Beaune, between Savigny to the North, and Pommard to the South. There a...
- 2010 Domaine Paul Autard Chateauneuf du Pape - (93 points) The brilliant 2010 Chateauneuf du Pape is one of the finest basic cuvees of the vintage. Moreover, it usually sells...
- 2010 Gerard Bertrand Chateau L'Hospitalet La Clape Coteaux Du Languedoc - A blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre, this is a very rustic wine with a good amount of barnyard character to the nose, fres...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Fri, Oct 24, 2014Pacific Southern and Foley Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
It is my wish that an unforgettable wine should live on afte...
Sat, Oct 25, 2014Gaja White Truffle Dinner at Wine Watch
“Nothing makes the future look so rosy as to contemplate it thr...
Sun, Oct 26, 2014I Care I Cure Charity Event at Marlins Park
Join I Care I Cure for the 2nd Annual Celebrity Chef Culinary & Win...
Tue, Oct 28, 2014Seven Hills Winery Dinner at Cafe Maxx with Special Guest Erik McLaughlin
"After working late one night, I drank a bottle of frisky Beaujol...
Wed, Oct 29, 2014VIP Wine Tasting at Alpine Jaquar Benefitting Jack &Jill Children's Center
Wed, Oct 29, 2014Washington State Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
What I Drank Yesterday: A.P. Vin A.P. Vin winery was est...
Mon, Nov 3, 2014Vega Sicilia Wine Dinner at Casa D'Angelo With Special Guest Pablo Alvarez Proprietor
Vega Sicilia Wine Dinner at Casa D'Angelo With Special Guest Pablo Alv...
Fri, Nov 7, 2014Vintage Madeira Tasting at Wine Watch
You can not call yourself a wine lover if you have never tried Madeira....
Sat, Nov 8, 2014MODS Gala Wine Auction
Tue, Nov 11, 2014Jed Steele Wine Dinner at Cafe Maxx
The only winemaker dinner that we have done every year for over two dec...