2005 Craggy Range Sophia Merlot Cabernet Franc Hawkes Bay
This is a similar blend to Chateau Cheval Blanc and has a wonderful complex bouquet of ripe plum and black cherry fruit, a pretty floral notes and violet floral tones. Rich and elegant on the tongue with a smooth silky texture and a long and layered finish with notes of herbs, fresh earth and dark coco spice. Finish 50+ Most Excellent
Sophia means â€˜wisdomâ€™. It is the collective wisdom of those charged with its creation now and that of previous generations passed on, that makes this wine we call "Sophia" so special. Produced entirely from our Gimblett Gravels Vineyard nestled on the right bank of the Ngaruroro River, it is a blend of the very best Merlot and Cabernet Franc parcels of the vineyard. Always classy, always evocative and always richly textured.
(86 points) Very concentrated, with sweaty saddle leather flavors battling black currant, mineral and violet tones. Lead pencil, peat moss and gripping tannins linger on the leathery finish. Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon. Drink now through 2010. 500 cases imported. â€“DS
Issue: May 15, 2008
List Price: $61.50
Quantity in Stock: 2
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2003 Massena Moonlight Run Grenache Shiraz - (93 Points) The terrific 2003 The Moonlight Run is a blend of 62% Grenache (from 120-year-old vines), 15% Shiraz (from 45-year-o...
- 2005 Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino - A very rustically fashioned nose with lots of fresh plowed earth dried porcini mushroom an...
- 2009 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Boucherottes - Beaune vineyards are the most extensive of the CÃ´te de Beaune, between Savigny to the North, and Pommard to the South. There are...
- 2010 Domaine Paul Autard Chateauneuf du Pape - (93 points) The brilliant 2010 Chateauneuf du Pape is one of the finest basic cuvees of the vintage. Moreover, it usually sells...
- 2010 Domaine Roger Sabon Chateauneuf du Pape les Olivets - (90-92 Points) The 2010 Chateauneuf du Pape Les Olivets reveals a dense purple color, crisp acids, greater delineation and fr...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Sat, Mar 8, 2014Francois Villard Northern Rhone Tasting at Wine Watch
“If this was the best wine that Jim and Nora could afford or, w...
Mon, Mar 10, 2014La Spinetta Tasting with Special Guest Giorgio Rivetti
"Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothi...
Tue, Mar 11, 2014Continuum Tasting with Special Guest Dante Mondavi at Wine Watch
Continuum is the latest thing for one of Napa Valley’s first families...
Wed, Mar 12, 2014AFWC Pre event at the Wine Watch
AFWC Pre event at the Wine Watch Wednesday, March 12, 2014 ...
Wed, Mar 12, 2014BR Cohn Dinner at Grille 401 Las Olas with Special Guest Dan Cohn
Thu, Mar 13, 2014Ellman Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
We have an incredible line-up of tastings for the next few weeks as I ...
Fri, Mar 14, 20142012 Bouchard Pere et Fils Barrel Tasting at Wine Watch
It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think...
Tue, Mar 18, 2014Al Catnara Mount Etna Tasting at Wine Watch
Wed, Mar 19, 2014Swanson Dinner at Cafe Maxx with Winemaker Chris Phelps
**Stay Tuned for more details.
Fri, Mar 28, 2014Vintage Spanish Tasting at Wine Watch
Spain provides some of the geratest values in the wine world today and ...