2003 Chateau Pavie Decesse St Emilion
(96 Points) This 9-acre vineyard, situated on the limestone plateau above Pavie, is planted with 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc. The average age of the vines is 43 years. Pavie-Decesse has become a limited production cuvee since part of the vineyard was incorporated into the larger Pavie site. Production currently averages around 400 cases, depending on the vintage. Composed of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc (13.5% alcohol), the inky/purple-tinged 2003 exhibits an extraordinary bouquet of crushed rocks, white flowers, and red as well as black fruits. The most port-like of the 2003 Perse offerings, it is a sexy, opulent, viscous St.-Emilion with extraordinary density as well as an exotic, nearly over-the-top richness. It will be drinkable in 2-3 years, and last for 25 or more. This flamboyant, ostentatious wine is a brilliant tour de force in 2003 Bordeaux. Wine Advocate # 164, April 2006
List Price: $185.00
Quantity in Stock: 3
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2006 Chateau Pape Clement Pessac Leognan - (95 Points) The dense purple-colored 2006 boasts an extraordinary perfume of lead pencil shavings, creme de cassis, bur...
- 2003 Chateau Pavie St Emilion - (98 Points) This 92-acre vineyard, which enjoys an impeccable southern orientation, is composed of limestone on the upper slope...
- 2005 Incognito Red Wine - (82 Points)Fragrant, with smoky, toasty barrel aromatics that overshadow the red fruit flavors. Still, it's a smooth win...
- 2001 Chateau Latour Pauillac - (95 Points) boasts an inky/ruby/purple color to the rim as well as a glorious bouquet of black currants, crushed stones, vanill...
- 2007 Slipstream Sauvignon Blanc Western Australia - (87 Points) The 2007 Sauvignon Blanc comes from low yields of 2 tons per acre and was tank-fermented. Medium straw-colored,...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Fri, Mar 7, 2014Castello di Fonterutoli Tasting with Special Guest Francesco Mazzei at Wine Watch
Wine, like food, is so emotional. If you think about it, so much ...
Sat, Mar 8, 2014Francois Villard Northern Rhone Tasting at Wine Watch
“If this was the best wine that Jim and Nora could afford or, w...
Mon, Mar 10, 2014La Spinetta Tasting with Special Guest Giorgio Rivetti
"Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothi...
Tue, Mar 11, 2014Continuum Tasting with Special Guest Dante Mondavi at Wine Watch
Continuum is the latest thing for one of Napa Valley’s first families...
Wed, Mar 12, 2014AFWC Pre event at the Wine Watch
AFWC Pre event at the Wine Watch Wednesday, March 12, 2014 ...
Wed, Mar 12, 2014BR Cohn Dinner at Grille 401 Las Olas with Special Guest Dan Cohn
Thu, Mar 13, 2014Ellman Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
We have an incredible line-up of tastings for the next few weeks as I ...
Fri, Mar 14, 20142012 Bouchard Pere et Fils Barrel Tasting at Wine Watch
It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think...
Tue, Mar 18, 2014Al Catnara Mount Etna Tasting at Wine Watch
Wed, Mar 19, 2014Swanson Dinner at Cafe Maxx with Winemaker Chris Phelps
**Stay Tuned for more details.